Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

yay CG!!!!! How awesome!!! Now it's my turn for goosies.
fl.gif

JZ: I'm anxious to see how your sebs do!

All the pics were great too. I can't comment on Everything.

Lol, cg. I love my chickens, but they do remind me of bratty mean teenagers. Always picking and starting fights and segregated into their "cliques". You should see what quail do to each other though, they are 10x worse. And I have coturnix, I wanted bobwhites until I found out they are even worse.

Lol, cg. I love my chickens, but they do remind me of bratty mean teenagers. Always picking and starting fights and segregated into their "cliques". You should see what quail do to each other though, they are 10x worse. And I have coturnix, I wanted bobwhites until I found out they are even worse.

i dont mind adult chickens.
but baby chickens arent nice.
and they pooped in the water so i had to clean it already.
i hope someone comes and gets them soon, i put an add on craigslist for them.

wheres celtic?
i was wondering why the buff chick is so much bigger?
they are about the same size as adults.

Sebbie #1 (the one I think is a couple days further along) is rockin' like crazy. Early this morning it was still working on internal pip but further than last night, and the air cell had dropped another ( __ ) Probably that much. It was a BIG drop.
And then of course it's just rockin' and rollin'. man.. this is just cool.

Sebbie #2- Was basically doing was #1 was doing yesterday. So I suspect that tmw morning it will be where this one is now. (if that makes sense.)

Humidity is 35.

Swedish Flower Hens... I need to check on them actually.

i dont mind adult chickens.
but baby chickens arent nice.
and they pooped in the water so i had to clean it already.
i hope someone comes and gets them soon, i put an add on craigslist for them.

wheres celtic?
i was wondering why the buff chick is so much bigger?
they are about the same size as adults.

It took about 2 hours for someone to come get mine. Did you list them for free? That's what I did, I just wanted them gone asap.

CG, the size difference could be many things. The buff could have been one of the first in her group to hatch and the SB Pom could have been one of the last. The Buff could have come from a larger egg too, or larger breeding stock. Weights on hatchery sites are averages of adult flocks so there can be some difference in individuals.

Very very cute! Glad they arrived A-Ok.

Back
Top Bottom