Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

What type are your hatching goose eggs? And are you doing them in the LG? If so did you also use the turner?

I would really like to get my Roman Tufted a mate...

Also are the male geese as loud as the female ones... or are they like the male / female ducks?

I have 3 grey utility toulouse and 2 african eggs going into lockdown tomorrow. I also have a few grey/buff utility toulouse and 3 extra special buff toulouse dewlap eggs at various stages of incubation.

I do everything in the LG still air. I manual turn.

My gander is louder than my goose. They are definitely louder in general during breeding season. Certain breeds (like africans) are louder than others.

Roger that, Jaz. I will use a towel instead of cheese cloth for my next hatch.
big_smile.png

Now those are what your lighter colors should look like. You can still see their spots, just lighter.

I'm loving the way my black and whites are coming along. I'm working on getting some of holderreads bloodline for my new additions this year. I don't know what I'll do with my silvers once they do get here from the hatchery, but if there are any really really good ones I'll keep them, otherwise I'll probably cull most if not all. I'll post pics later of how my youngsters are coming along.

Here are my first 7 babies this morning. I am happily surprised I hatched more colors than b/w and that all are so healthy!!

Thank you!!! I am 110% impressed with Thistle Down Farms!!! Despite my horrible temp/humidity spike last week, they are all very healthy and strong. Even my wrong way twisted baby is righting itself nicely. The sad thing is I think I could have saved the 3 I lost if I had more experience. But I cannot begin to tell you how much experience I gained with this hatch and I will save the next ones.

Chickens getting some sun.

The goslings are huge and barely look like goslings. Think they are about the size of my turkey. They sleep with and hang out with the ducks most the day, but have began going off grazing on their own too.

Back
Top Bottom