Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Nope, but I will add to the waters in the morning! Thanks for the tip!!! I hate losing goslings. Did I mention that I have a total of 42 goose eggs in incubators, plus turkeys and chickens. I keep meaning to go take the indian runner out so I will have pure ancona duck eggs. I think the hen is stealing away her nest somewhere allready. That somewhere would be the largish woodpile in the middle of the pen.
I have everyone separated. Ducks should be pure at the end of the month. We have some Buff ducks ordered so those will go in soon. Ducks and chickens due next week with geese due every week.

Hi guys!

I'm losing another gosling to the curious flipping illness.
barnie.gif
Otherwise, lots of hatching and babies.

Hi GQ! Hi PSue! Hi Everyone!
Hi Marty!!!

I lost one to flipping last year. It was fine when I went to bed and by the next morning, it was almost gone. So hard to lose such a sweet baby.
hugs.gif

th big one lost his/her bear when it gained siblings
wink.png

using save a chick or poly-vi=sol without iron?
frow.gif
btw
Lol. Our big girl had to spend a week and a half with ducklings until sibs started coming. She's such a sweetie, though. She mothers the smallest ones.
Nope, but I will add to the waters in the morning! Thanks for the tip!!! I hate losing goslings. Did I mention that I have a total of 42 goose eggs in incubators, plus turkeys and chickens. I keep meaning to go take the indian runner out so I will have pure ancona duck eggs. I think the hen is stealing away her nest somewhere allready. That somewhere would be the largish woodpile in the middle of the pen.
Wow. You've got more goose eggs than I have. I've only got 14 and 5 for a friend.

Of course, I have every bator fully loaded. About 180 eggs at the moment.

One of the girls I hatched for my boss last year is sitting her eggs. Yearling runner hen on... about 24 eggs! And my chinese goose is sitting on nothing but a small rock.
th.gif

Happy hatching &
woot.gif
on the full bators!

I just went through my whole bator today .....
I gotsa alotsa eggggs
th.gif

I just hatched 12 goslings today (one is a big american buff & the rest are chinese & aftricans)

So I am running out of room ! Good thing I have my last Emu egg in Lockdown, and I have more Goose, Chicken, and duck going into LD tomorrow

So it turns out I have
49 duck
2 peacock
6 Guinea
90 Chicken (28 Ohikis, the rest Brahmas, & speckled Sussex)
150 goose eggs (holy carp ! When I add them all together....) 19 Dewlap, 14 Sebbies,8 Embden, 87 Chinese & African
1 Emu
lau.gif

(not that everything will hatch of course)

Happy hatching &
woot.gif
on the full bators!

I just went through my whole bator today .....
I gotsa alotsa eggggs
th.gif

I just hatched 12 goslings today (one is a big american buff & the rest are chinese & aftricans)

So I am running out of room ! Good thing I have my last Emu egg in Lockdown, and I have more Goose, Chicken, and duck going into LD tomorrow

So it turns out I have
49 duck
2 peacock
6 Guinea
90 Chicken (28 Ohikis, the rest Brahmas, & speckled Sussex)
150 goose eggs (holy carp ! When I add them all together....) 19 Dewlap, 14 Sebbies,8 Embden, 87 Chinese & African
1 Emu
lau.gif

(not that everything will hatch of course)
LOL, I see you finally have some peacocks. Enjoy the loud irritating beasties, if you can.
roll.png

I'm glad I don't have that many eggies baking, I like hatching, but hate brooding. It's turned out to be hard to sell my babies though, so far I just keep them.
th.gif

LOL, I see you finally have some peacocks. Enjoy the loud irritating beasties, if you can.
roll.png

I'm glad I don't have that many eggies baking, I like hatching, but hate brooding. It's turned out to be hard to sell my babies though, so far I just keep them.
th.gif
They were tossed in with a goose auction, I guess they are white? I have never hatched one ~ they turned out to be my nemisis
he.gif

We know how much you love them ~ no reason to be jealous
lau.gif

I would not be hatching so many if I did not have them selling like hotcakes at the local auction every Saturday. I am the only one who is hatching them & bringing them in, so I bring in 15-20 goslings & chickens & ducklings at a few days to a week old & someone else gets to brood them
wink.png
So no house visits, CL or flakes.

I just picked up the 85 goose eggs at auction last saturday for $24 ~ So I staggered the eggs, so they would be hatching a few days apart ~ not all at once
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom