Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I still need to paint it.... So this run cost us under $300 for all materials ! The roof took 4 ~ 8' clear plastic panels, SO the covered coop area is 7'x8' & the grass run is 8'x8'
One pen is 15' L x 8' W & 7' Tall

We finished one of our pheasant pens yesterday ~ there will be a total of 4 seperate areas. We are making it multi purpose so it can be all one or 4 seperate etc. CAN be used for anything ... Whelping, ducks, chicks, pheasants, goats, wallabies, zebras etc!

Awesome!
celebrate.gif

When mine come early, everyone from that group hatches then, or nobody else hatches. I'm waiting on my giant Pekings now. Due tomorrow 9 pm. (I always set eggs in the evening, hoping to wake up to babies) Of course with ducks, it rarely works out that way. I thought there were only 2 left (I only candled 2x, but when I locked down I candled again, I have three of the impossible things. Now if the bloody things will just hatch......
fl.gif
Mine tend to stretch it out over several days. The last batch was five days from first duckling to last (who came on hatchday).

fl.gif
for your impossible babies to hatch happy and healthy! I get my pekin eggs delivered tomorrow, looks like. I've mis-calculated, so looks like I'm going to be hand turning at least 2 dozen!
ep.gif

And I promised to incubate those chicken eggs too. People are telling me I need to find a Master Bator, suck it up and become a real hatchery!
ep.gif

I'm waiting on my giant Pekings now. Due tomorrow 9 pm. (I always set eggs in the evening, hoping to wake up to babies) Of course with ducks, it rarely works out that way. I thought there were only 2 left (I only candled 2x, but when I locked down I candled again, I have three of the impossible things. Now if the bloody things will just hatch......
fl.gif
Keep us posted !
fl.gif

Jaz!!! OMG!!! You are soooo lucky to have access to such beautiful creatures!!! I have a wonderful picture of one in motion as my desktop background. They are one of my favorite breeds! I love all horses, but the Friesian is at the top of the list. Thank you for sharing pics of your step-mother's horses!
Oh, and your pheasant run looks awesome! You need to send your hubby down here for a few projects I need built, lol.
Thanx
love.gif

I cannot beleive how mellow & gentle the Friesians are..... My fave mare was named Joulke (pronounced Yelk yuh) I called her Yuk Yuk for a nickname ~ she was such a lover & I loved her Baroque Style. Miss Her Muches
Hubby for hire .... Hmmm sounds do-able! He has been on vacation since the 17th ~ He has some more free time, will trade for Margaritas!

dont you love how our brains refuss to cross-reference information some times,lol
hugs.gif

2nd on list? pretty please
droolin.gif

absolutly gorgous
ep.gif
love.gif

he's a doll
love.gif
Thanx Hun!
Awesome!
celebrate.gif

Mine tend to stretch it out over several days. The last batch was five days from first duckling to last (who came on hatchday).

fl.gif
for your impossible babies to hatch happy and healthy! I get my pekin eggs delivered tomorrow, looks like. I've mis-calculated, so looks like I'm going to be hand turning at least 2 dozen!
ep.gif

And I promised to incubate those chicken eggs too. People are telling me I need to find a Master Bator, suck it up and become a real hatchery!
ep.gif
I think a Master Bator is in order! Good luck on the Pekins!

Keep us posted !
fl.gif

Thanx
love.gif

I cannot beleive how mellow & gentle the Friesians are..... My fave mare was named Joulke (pronounced Yelk yuh) I called her Yuk Yuk for a nickname ~ she was such a lover & I loved her Baroque Style. Miss Her Muches
Hubby for hire .... Hmmm sounds do-able! He has been on vacation since the 17th ~ He has some more free time, will trade for Margaritas!

Thanx Hun!
I've been hunting for a Master Bator. Hubs may have to try and build them!

Keep us posted !
fl.gif

Thanx
love.gif

Thanx Hun!
Margaritas?? That's a done deal! LOL
Yeah...it's amazing how mild tempered the larger horse breeds are...like the Gypsies and other drafts. The Friesians are so big, I'd need a ladder! But oh, what a ride!

Jaz, your stepmom has beautiful horses!!

Quackers, congrats on more babies!!!!

Marty, how are your 3 precious eggs doing??

Hi everyone ! I love the horses, the run, and the babies!
love.gif

I think I only have 3 or 4 viable eggs out of the 3 dozen I had shipped. It is hard to tell on the darker Ameracauna(?) eggs. I don't think it is the incubator though, because I put in about 5 of my muscovy eggs later as a test and I can totally see development.

How long into incubation before you know they are not good if you can see into them?

Back
Top Bottom