Ticks *shudder*

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
So I was on BYC this morning and felt something crawling on me. I see a deer tick on my wrist!!!! It's thirty eight degrees and there's still ticks!
barnie.gif
I hate ticks and took the longest shower of my entire life because I was afraid there are more on me. Then I made my mom check my head for attached ticks.
sickbyc.gif

I hate ticks. Always have, all my life. Now I am always checking everyone in the family and even the cats because of lyme disease. My mother and my oldest son both had lyme disease. Ticks are around all year, just they hunker down on cold days, but if you have a mild day in the winter-watch out! My sons friend had it around Christmas time one year(lyme disease).

Wow! They were thicker than tits on a sow's belly in the spring, but I haven't seen one on any of my animals or myself for the past 8 weeks or so. Now fleas we have in abundance still...waiting for those to freeze off or whatever they do...

Quote:
Yup! They never seem to go away up here! It seems they are getting worse too..
barnie.gif

We don't seem to have "regular" ticks around here. ONLY deer ticks. I had one IN my side last year. Now that freaked me out! I did not get sick from it, thank God. But my DH had to dig to get it all out.

The Dr's office said to put triple antibiotic ointment on it and cover it with a bandaid and watch. It could take up to a month before signs appear. They said in has to be enbedded for about 24 hours for the fluid exchange to happen. And that's what makes you sick. It was the longest wait of my life. Every day I would check for a bulleye. And even after a month.....yuck. I still get shivers. And it itched for months!

Well, since it has been below freezing for a handfull of nights now...

"Ding dong, the ticks are dead! Which 'ol ticks? ALL the ticks! Ding dong, the NASTY ticks are dead!!!"

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom