Tiny Mutant Chicken

nurse_turtle

Songster
8 Years
May 28, 2011
Foothills of NC
I hatched this chicken 5 months ago. She was hatched with other eggs which were silkie/Polish mix. She has 4 toes and black legs. There were no game chickens at the location these eggs came from. She is adorable and super sweet, just tee tee tiny. Her name is "Lil-bit". She looks gamey to me but has a dark face and comb. She's a mutt, but comments regarding her breed are appreciated. In the pictures, she is roosting on my daughter's chest.
93695_img_1736.jpg

93695_img_1738.jpg

93695_img_1757.jpg

Last edited:
Cute pictures. I don't see any Silkie or Polish in her. She is very cute, and I agree about her looking like a game.

If all her skin is black, she probably has some silkie ancestry. I have a tiny 12 oz hen who looks nothing like a silkie type-wise, but has silkied feathers, VERY dark skin, slight foot feathering, 4 toes, no crest. Smallest other breeds I ever had that could have been in her parentage were bantam araucana and d'uccle. She is smaller than all of them, and does not match any in type. Heck, all of them could be in her background--she was not a planned hatch, but is a sweet enough bird that she will stay here as a pet.

There is no silkie or Polish in the recent background of that bird. Someone is pulling a fast one on you if they tell you otherwise.

Quote:
I have to agree,
And to me that look like a little Brown Red Old English Bantam pullet.

Chris

Quote:
I have to agree,
And to me that look like a little Brown Red Old English Bantam pullet.

Chris

x2 She looks about the size of my OEGB hen.

Back
Top Bottom