Tips for raising guinea fowl keets?

BantammChick

I love my sebright!!
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 8, 2017
Missouri
So today I found a guinea keet in the field, it was alone, so I picked it up, I couldn't find the parent guineas anywhere, so I brought it home. I put it in a brooder, with straw, I gave it some water with amprol in it, and some gamebird starter. So far I don't think it has eaten any of the gamebird starter. it looks lyk it's doing ok but I'm not really great at raising baby guineas. Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_172710.jpg
    IMG_20211011_172710.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211011_172617.jpg
    IMG_20211011_172617.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 6
Also, they need warm, not cold water & as mentioned, heat. Check their vents for pasty butt and keep clean. If you give water in a bowl or saucer, add marbles or rocks to drink between so they don't drown. Heat needs to be 95°
Too hot. These are not brand new hatches. I would not go over 90°F and possibly not that hot. I start my keets at 90°F. They do fine. These have already been out and about and lost by their mother.

Also, they need warm, not cold water & as mentioned, heat. Check their vents for pasty butt and keep clean. If you give water in a bowl or saucer, add marbles or rocks to drink between so they don't drown. Heat needs to be 95°
Thanks, I forgot to add that in the first post, I gave them a plastic dish with water and I put rocks in it.
If they're not taking to it immediately, add warm water to make a mash and then tip their beeks to it to give them the idea. Should work.
They are eating the gamebird starter now
So glad you were able to save those poor lost babies! Are the parents yours? Best of luck with the keets!
They kind of are, they are free range, and they roost in the trees above the chicken coop at night.

Back
Top Bottom