to all premenopausal women!!! and their better halves

Quote:
Please don't be scared!
smile.png
Just stay informed and you will be fine.

What works for one will not for another and that's okay! I take HRT, wanted it in fact...maybe that's why I'm doing so well.... but there are those here that refuse it, that's okay too.

i think i'm gonna choose to stay away from HRT. my mom was on it for a yr after her total hysterectomy....but then she went off of it and was totally fine except for a couple hot flashes in the beginning. my X hubby's girlfriend (who is a few yrs older than me) had a hysterectomy not too long ago and is on estrogen patches and she is doing great and is happy with it. so i say just research it and make the choice for yourself.

Quote:
Almost 49 here, and one cycle in the past 12 months.....if that was the worst of it, it has been the best year of my life since about 12.....
big_smile.png

What you REALLY don't want to say to a menapausal woman?

At the beauty shop I asked her to wax my brows, and sooo sweetly, she said "Want me to get your mustache and chin, too"?

I had to quit smoking, and I was talking to the Dr about Chantix. I had read that it really changes your personality, and hubbo is not the one to have a hateful attitude around. I told the Dr that, and he said "You are a premenapousal woman with no cigarettes, you're gonna be bit@hy"!

Quote:
wow!!! those were quite interesting!! hey, i have another one.....i remember a year or so ago i was at the dr. and you know how the nurse (or whoever) asks "date of your last period?" when they're checking you in? well this one asked me "are you still having periods?" and i was about 40 or 41 at the time and i'm thinking..."do i look like i'm 10 years older or something???!!" oh and here's another one that i actually thought was hilarious!!! (probably cuz it came from a child) but last year or so my niece said to me "oh Aunt Kirsti, i can tell you USE to be pretty" ....lol

Quote:
Almost 49 here, and one cycle in the past 12 months.....if that was the worst of it, it has been the best year of my life since about 12.....
big_smile.png

lucky you! and to all others here who have had it pretty easy. btw, i LOVE your avatar!! he looks like he's got that spray whip cream on top of his head, only red! he's a cutie!!

Why would removing anything in there cause menopause not to happen?

That's what happened to me. Emergency surgery, and then the most horrifying menopause in the history of menopauses.

Quote:
hmm, something to think about. that's what i would worry about, and then there's no going back. and that's one of the disadvantages i read lastnight about the surgery...is that it causes a very abrupt menopause.....but then i wonder if that can be bad? but like your experience i guess it can be. but then like my mom's experience...it can be a wonderful thing to have it all yanked out... and you do hear of success stories where women sware it's the best thing that ever happened to them. i'm gonna try to let nature take it's lovely course (and i say that with sarcasm) cuz i'm guessing that's the best thing for me at the MOMENT. i read online lastnight that even after menopause, the ovaries will still secrete a very small amount of estrogen.
hu.gif
so i guess that's good. then you hear from those that have had their ovaries taken out that its good to do it so you never have to worry about ovarian cancer.

mom'sfolly :

For all you young women out there....have your kids early or very late. I had my kids sort of late, mid-thirties. This gives our family the wonderful experience of having puberty and menopause going on at the same time. Nobody warned me!!!!!
he.gif
This constitutes poor planning on someone's part, or the proof that the universe has a sense of humor. It is a good thing that someone has a sense of humor, because I have trouble finding mine, these days.
wink.png

Oh my, how I can relate! That's what happening to me....had children at 34 and 36 and have been going through perimeno for about the last couple years and my oldest will be 13 this year, youngest is 10. They're both boys though....hopefully that won't be as bad as having all girls!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom