Too many Roos

fatmomolive

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Question. I have a flock of 19 now 18 birds. They will be a year old in May. We unfortunately had some miss sexing and have a total of 6 roosters. I know the flock isn’t equipped to handle that many boys but unfortunately me and my kids fell in love with them. They have all gotten along relatively well until recently the girls are really taking a hit. Now we had an issue of one girl ( of course a favorite) succumb to they boys rambunctious behavior. Now we are forced to thin out the roosters. I have a friend that has a farm and a large flock with 7 boys herself. She has welcomed our boys to her home where they will free range. Now I have identified the three most rambunctious boys but do I send one at a time or take them all together. I thought removing the most aggressive leader may change things up but I’m not sure if he will adapt better with a roo who he is familiar with. My daughter is really upset with me and doesn’t want to let any go- and really neither do I. It’s very hard to decide and any advice would be welcome.

Take 5 (or 6) of them all at once...asap.
You and your girls birds will revel in the calm peace once they are gone!!

Back
Top Bottom