THERESAN

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Is it possible to give to much Vit b as in If given over a prolonged period of time can it build up and be too much in a ducks system?? I know the correct dosage is important. May be a dumb questions to some but I cant find anything online to answer this question!

Is it possible to give to much Vit b as in If given over a prolonged period of time can it build up and be too much in a ducks system?? I know the correct dosage is important. May be a dumb questions to some but I cant find anything online to answer this question!
No, I don't think you can. I have never heard of anyone overdosing a duck on vitamin b.

This is a direct quote from a metzers blog post linked below. Metzers is the largest waterfowl only operation in the us.

"We have been asked if it is possible to overdose on niacin. Because of how small the amount is, it is easy to think you can give your birds too much. The answer is that you would need a lot to overdose. We don't have an exact amount to point towards, but humans can overdose on niacin and that can cause bowel problems. If your birds start having digestive issues, then it's a possibility, but is unlikely."

https://metzerfarms.blogspot.com/2018/01/niacin-what-is-it-and-why-do-my.html?m=1

Back
Top Bottom