Too sad for words.

I cant imagine what it must be like to be an LEO and have the lives of others in their hands. It cant be easy.
I hope that policies and procedures are improved to prevent this from ever happening again.

I also hate that the defense is using this as a tactic to take lethal injection off the table.

To say the LEO's are culpable is insane. There may (or may not) have been some human error, but the Defendents are guilty. Nothing the LEO's did in any way changes that.
Ridiculous.

There is a small chance that the police delay resulted in the deaths of these people, however, until one is in their shoes, one cannot say they KNOW. Police deal with so many different situations day in and day out, things like this are bound to happen. I really hope everyone doesn't start cop bashing here.

The fact is that these two men entered that house with the intent to harm the people that lived there. It is a miracle the man was able to roll to the neighbor for help.

Quote:
That makes two of us.
wink.png

The article is already 4 days old, and the horror has been played over and over on every available news media possible, endlessly. The actual event took place in July, 2007. More than 3 YEARS ago. What's the point in bringing it to a chicken forum?

It was a tragic situation, and will continue to be so. I suspect there will never be a finite resolution. But I would hate to see this turn into an attack againt law enforcement. Those men and women are human too, but we are only hearing the dramatic, ratings building side of it. That article has bias written all over it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Its current news. The testimony I posted was dated Sept 14, 2010 that's NOT 3 years ago. It actually came up on another forum that I use too. It's what people are talking/reading about. Why shouldn't we?

Hind sight is 20/20. As a whole the men and women that serve as police and law enforcement do so out of a desire to help. They are not infallable, who of us is. Not every situation fits protocol sometimes following protocol does more damage, but it is designed to give the most positive outcome for the majority of the time, no protocol can ensure a good result 100% of the time. The emotions you have just reading/hearing the story is nothing compared to the men and women on scene, who I am sure have enough self guilt (needlessly) w/o hind sight arm chair quarterbacks after the fact heaping more on them. The suggestion that they "share" responsibility in the horrendous crime is OBSENE!

Back
Top Bottom