Treats

Pretty much any fruit or vegetable. As long it’s not acidic like oranges because it can upset their stomachs. You can try lettuce and hang it from a string and it will keep them busy. Something my chickens LOVE is corn and they will pick it to the core and keep them amused for hours.
•peas
•berries (blueberries, strawberries)
•watermelon
•grapes
•tomatoes
•banana
•dried mealworms
Another treat my chicken liked was canned tuna (in water)

If you add water to chicken food, chickens seem to think it tastes much better. I don't know why, but it certainly is easy! (Make it cool in summer, warm in winter.)

With any new food, they typically have to try it several times before they make up their minds that they like it.

If you add water to chicken food, chickens seem to think it tastes much better. I don't know why, but it certainly is easy!
It's my chickens favorite "treat." And it's great way to use up the fines that fall to the bottom of the bowl. No waste!

Start off with the prohibited list. Once you cancel those out, anything goes, according to their desires. My chooks will not touch anything that is green. Seems like they think I'm trying to make them vegan or something. Anything on the red side of the spectrum works and ground beef brings out the dinosaur in them.

Back
Top Bottom