Troyer Farm Adventures and Breeding Projects

Pics
It all starts again.
5f4d1878-33cf-470b-b140-0d5011926152-jpeg.3424073

Wood ducks inspecting a nesting site in our backyard. They have used it since 2016. It's simply a hollow log cut to the proper length, a hole cut into it with a chainsaw, a plywood bottom screwed to it and a roof added. It is mounted to a washline pole the bottom of it being about five feet off the ground. We have never had any problem with predators getting the eggs before they hatched.
IMG_9513.JPG

Wood ducks inspecting a nesting site in our backyard. They have used it since 2016. It's simply a hollow log cut to the proper length, a hole cut into it with a chainsaw, a plywood bottom screwed to it and a roof added. It is mounted to a washline pole the bottom of it being about five feet off the ground. We have never had any problem with predators getting the eggs before they hatched.View attachment 3432595
This is a stunning photo! 😍

This is a stunning photo! 😍
Thanks. It was unique in that it was snowing.
They stayed for about ten minutes just checking it out. The male just stayed on the roof and the female went inside for a while. When she came back out she looked like she was inspecting the outside as well. We are happy to have these.

I had some lukewarm leftover coffee.
I put two teaspoons of honey into twelve ounces of coffee and blended it, I then added three smallish frozen coffee cubes and blended it as well. It produced a kind of almost fluffy consistency. If you like fluffy/creamy drinks and coffee you will probably like this.
Note: Do some experimenting with this because some people like it more or less sweet. It also “fluffs” more when using ice cubes than it does just trying to do it warm or hot.
Also note: I love honey, it's about the only sugar/sweetener that my body does well with. That means that it's one of about three sweeteners that I use, with moderation of course, as with all things.
1C9D4B63-3EAB-4813-A4B4-7CB999FC682A.jpeg

Supper-ish dessert consisting of cottage cheese drizzled with chili flavored honey.
25B2F2D9-AC0A-4A35-BEAE-3EEDFCF610D0.jpeg
C55C0C95-8037-475F-A665-7678563E8BB6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom