TURKEY HATCHING FAILED (WITH PICTURES)

frizzlelove83

Chirping
Mar 19, 2015
Hello,
This is my 3rd year incubating chickens and turkeys. These last two years i have had difficulty getting my turkey eggs to hatch. the pictures below show the affected eggs. i have had i poult hatch so far this year with no trouble and one die from unknown causes after pipping. i made the hole in the top to try to see what might have gone wrong. The last pictured egg looked normal so i put it back in the bator. if you need any more info to help me figure out what happened just say so and ill try to help. or i can post more pictures if it is needed

what's your temp and humidity running during incubation.

with the membrane clear possibly too high of humidity during incubation.

usually the membrane is whiter and not clear.

I hatch chickens and turkeys the same. dry incubate as long as humidity doesn't go below 20 percent I don't worry about it. then raise humidity to 70 to 80 for lockdown and hatch.

what type of turkeys are you breeding?

from the last pic. Looks like wire mesh for incubator floor.

are you using an lg incubator?

I tried incubating in a 9300 and a 10300. I cooked and killed more eggs than I hatched. due to temp swings and hotspots.

they were finicky little bators

I use a little giant Styrofoam incubator from fleet farm for a Hatcher and a brinsea octagon 48 for an incubator. Can you tell at about what embryos died and if the last picture is still alive

can't tell. but in the last photo if poult was still alive you should be able to see movement or it breathing.

I'm sorry not much help. most of what I thought it might be isn't.

they only things that come to my mind left are bacteria, adult nutrition, and time of the year.

any of these could possibly make eggs weak.

it's not the cross. I have done that cross so not a lethal gene.

there are several over on the turkey thread that are a lot more experienced on eggs than I am. you might make a post over on there.

Back
Top Bottom