ugh sun screen doesnt work on me..

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
so saturday our little town was doing thier 4th celebration and we spent all day at the lake. i bought 50SPF sunscreen (waterproof) and applied it to me and my daughters every 2 hours, also re applied it after drying off from being in the lake..

the girls are fine, no burns, but i am burnt and burnt bad. 2nd degree burns, with huge golf ball size blisters... gonna have to go to the dr to see if they can provide me with some pain relief, cant sleep, my chest and neck is bad.. almost purple, ( was wearing a tank top) my chest is starting to blister now, my shoulders and back are blistered already, again almost purple in color... i have been putting aloe vera gel with lidocane on every few hours, but now thats not even helping, its actually makes it sting pretty bad.

im thankful its overcast today... whew... im dying..

is there any one else that sunscreen doesnt work on?

I used to burn all the time, but I started to use coconut oil every day as a moisturizer and now I can spend the day in the sun without sunscreen and not burn.

and make sure the lotion is not expired!!!! I had that problem a few years ago... I just bought it that morning at walmart and it was already expired... i now use a zinc block

I'm the same way. It stinks so bad to be so fair skinned sometimes.

I went to the beach last month and made sure to stay under the umbrella the entire time and apply sunscreen every few hours. I'm not kidding I only left the umbrella to go to the bathroom and I still had major burns alOng my exposed skin! Augh sun!!!

Do you take any medications on a regular basis? If so, read up on them.

I'm on two that make me extra sensitive to the sun. Been hospitalized with second degree burns over 3/4s of my body before I wised up and learn to stay out of the sun.

ETA: For immediate relief from your pain, Solarcaine makes an aloe vera gel that has lidocaine in it. It really helps with the pain and will keep the blistering down.

Last edited:
its not expired, and usually i dont burn, but i forgot i cut all my hair off.. and i was wearing a tank top which i dont usually wear oops.. just got back fromt he DR and its second degree burns... stupid urgent care DR said that it would 'go away' eventually... huge blisters every where... gonna go to my regular dr tomorrow how the heck am i supposed to sleep?

Quote:
you sleep how ever you can. even if that means sitting up. you can take tylenol for some pain relief. if you have Aleeve you can take that too its an NSAID which will help with the reduction of the inflamed tissue

Back
Top Bottom