Uhh.....I was on Vacation!!

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
Can Someone Tell Me When You Are Supposed To Clip There Wings? I Think I Missed IT, They Are 3 Weeks And 2 Days- And i Kno I Havn't Been Able To Transfer My Pics Yet- But I Have Them, So I Can Try And Get Them On Today- They Don't Look Like That Anymore, But the Pics Still Look Cute- LoL

Some people clip their wings to keep them from flying. Personally, I'd rather my birds be able to fly up into a tree if they need to get away from a predator.

Dawn

It doesn't matter when. If you choose to do it, you can at any age. I've never clipped anyone's wings. Never had anyone who could really fly that well anyway. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't clip them.

Mine are 9 weeks old and some can fly 10ft across but none have flown over 3-4 ft high. They fly as soon as we let them out to stretch their wings then not much after that. I don't plan on clipping their wings either.

oK i'm starting to pick up on vibe that i shouldn't clip them, that makes it much easier for me, but mine can go up 2-3 feet in the air, enough to get on top of the brooder, then they hop and walk accross the room untill i get them and put them back that isn't really a problem since they hav a room to themselves, but i donn't want them---doing there bussiness--- on the floor and i can't really put a cover over it b/c of the way the heat lamp iss on how can i keep them in?

oh and thanks for the answers be4 i went in there w/ sizzos
big_smile.png

Can you put newspaper on the floor? Glad you decided not to clip! And, JYFO, when you clip wings, you only clip ONE and be sure to go online to see how to do it. I clipped a few of mine who would fly over my fence and go walking all over the neighborhood. I live in the suburbs and didn't want anything to happen to them.

Ellen

That's why I got mine out in their coop at three weeks. They just needed more space to run and spread their wings. I brought them inside at night for another few days, and now they're outside full time and loving it.

My girls on fly when they are chasing each other and then it only a foot or two off the ground. I guess they can fly faster than they can run.

Back
Top Bottom