UK pigeon owners

LOL don't fall for that nonsense! A very wise man once told me "it is much easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

Very interesting the bird has taken to homing to your location with no training, and, to boot, already having been trained by a racer to his own loft. Must be a match made in heaven! Keep it! Find it a buddy though, they like company!
I'll send her for a spa day! And when she comes home there'll be a loft with a bunch of pigeons in there! Just had a nosey on biophiliacs album and it's given me some ideas. A loft doesn't have to take over the whole garden, unless I end up with more than originally planned! Kind of like chickens!!

about 15 miles away!
My money says she will return to your carrier from 15 miles no problem.
The fancier either has a poor training regime for his birds or the pigeon is not worth it's salt. On the other hands with the advent of cell phones and towers my birds some times get confused also.

If she were my bird I would tell you to keep her.

Last edited:
My money says she will return to your carrier from 15 miles no problem.
The fancier either has a poor training regime for his birds or the pigeon is not worth it's salt. On the other hands with the advent of cell phones and towers my birds some times get confused also.

If she were my bird I would tell you to keep her.
I will leave my garage open with the carrier. If she comes back I'll offer to buy or keep her. If she does and he agrees she could be my star bird!

I will leave my garage open with the carrier. If she comes back I'll offer to buy or keep her. If she does and he agrees she could be my star bird!

If not, you would have no problem finding squeaker-aged homers to start a loft. I'd say a 6'x10' loft with at least two sections is a good size to keep a few dozen.

I'll send her for a spa day! And when she comes home there'll be a loft with a bunch of pigeons in there! Just had a nosey on biophiliacs album and it's given me some ideas. A loft doesn't have to take over the whole garden, unless I end up with more than originally planned! Kind of like chickens!!

Pigeons don't need much area bc they take their exercise in the sky.
Here's some pics of my loft build
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/loft-build.7427737/

Very interesting the bird has taken to homing to your location with no training, and, to boot, already having been trained by a racer to his own loft. Must be a match made in heaven! Keep it! Find it a buddy though, they like company!
Maybe you just want to call the owner back and ask if you can keep her? Remember- from his point of view ...

B1BfNfHCMAAb3th.jpg

Last edited:
It's a nice sunny day, clear blue skies not much of a breeze. I watched until it was gone and left with an empty carrier and a heavy heart. Where will it go? Where has it laid it's hat?

The wondering and curiosity as to where they go sometimes (and what they are thinking) is just part of the game. Sometimes my homers don't come back for a few days, and boy would I just love to know where in the heck they go lol. What did they do? Who did they meet? Maybe one day if I try racing I will buy the equipment to track them via GPS and I can really know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom