Update 29/07/09: 6 weeks old (p. 3)

WOW!!! Your photos are unbelievable! Amazing! It's sooo difficult for me to get so much as a single good picture! What kind of camera do you use????

By the way, do you speak Dutch? because my dad is from Rotterdam in Holland and I speak a teeny bit Dutch.

Once again, your photos are angelic!

Quote:
Well thank you! They're made with a Canon EOS 400D (in America this model has a different name: Rebel XTi) and with a 50mm f1.8 lens. That's a standard lens, doesn't zoom in or out and it's practically the same distance from your object as looking at that object with your bare eyes. Which means I have to get REALLY close to make a shot..
lol.png
But it's a fast, low-light lens with beautiful colours and sharp results, I love it! Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it's really cheap! I'd highly recommend it.
smile.png

En natuurlijk spreek ik Nederlands!
big_smile.png
(I just said I - of course - speak dutch
smile.png
) It's my mother language.

Leuk! Ik vind fotografering heel leuk maar mijn camera is langzaam en het is erg moelijk om een goede fotoje te maken! Jou fotos vind ik erg moi!
hmm.png
tongue.png

Sorry for the misspelling and bad grammar and all that.

I'll have to do some research on your camera! Sounds great!

You can see some of my chicken pics on my BYC page, which I just finished yesterday, but the quality is not half as good as your camera!
lol.png

Last edited:
I've been out for a few days, but boy have they grown! I just got back and since it has been raining all day, I took some very quick shots, now that they're still 5 weeks old.

The blue mottled clearly isn't a blue mottled any longer... still like her though!
big_smile.png

IMG_8698-border.jpg

IMG_8699-border.jpg

IMG_8696-border.jpg

IMG_8694-border.jpg

IMG_8691-border.jpg

Are you sure it's legal to be that cute? Weeks later, and they still make me giggle, but now I'm squealing and sprouting cavities (from their sweetness)!
hugs.gif

They're 6 weeks old today!
Only a few more down feathers to go, I guess the lavender chick will soon have some bold spots...
roll.png
He's growing quite ugly, which makes him very cute!
smile.png
lol.png

Left side
IMG_8803-border.jpg

Right side (or is it the other way around?
lol.png
)
IMG_8808-border.jpg

IMG_8811-border.jpg

IMG_8815-border.jpg

IMG_8826-border.jpg

IMG_8827-border.jpg

IMG_8829-border.jpg

IMG_8833-border.jpg

IMG_8837-border.jpg

Oh dear, almost a naked neck!
IMG_8848-border.jpg

Ain't this a cute sight?
lol.png

IMG_8856-border.jpg

IMG_8869-border.jpg

This little fella is the last one of our other chicks, he's 10 weeks old. The rest moved to their new homes already. I'd like to keep him... as long as it works, he's staying!
IMG_8796-border.jpg

IMG_8866-border.jpg

Had to show this one too, our cat waiting for her breakfast.
wink.png
big_smile.png

IMG_8769-border.jpg

Back
Top Bottom