UPDATE on dying baby turkeys

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by michelletrevis, May 4, 2009.

1. michelletrevis

michelletrevis New Egg

Apr 30, 2009
    Hello! Well out of 50 turkeys I have 6 healthy ones left. The hatchery is going to replace all that I lost. Still no idea what caused them to die. The hatchery said they are having lots of problems with the bronze turkeys this year. Wish they would have said something before I paid for them! Oh well. Thanks to everyone who tired to help.
    .Ichelle:jumpy

2. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    So sorry for you. I hope the new ones are healthy. Make sure to keep the 6 away from your new ones for a long time to make sure it is not a disease.

3. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Huge hugs!! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost that many How devestating.

4. California Ducken

California Ducken Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that's a lot of babies gone. I am so sorry. At least the hatchery was good about it........but then again......not good. Information or a heads up would have been nice.
    Good Luck with your new guys when they come in!

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    It is great that they will replace your losses, but what makes you think they have corrected the problem, I sure hate to see you have to go through the same thing all over again. But then again I guess they probably didn't give you much choice. Hope all works out.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by