Update on: "Yay! WE'RE MOVING!!!"

Daddas1Punkin

Crowing
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Ca.
We've been trying to figure out a way that we could fit four people, two dogs, three cats, 12 chickens, one dwaf hamster, a fire-belly toad, five fish aquariums, and a betta bowl into a two bedroom house for years. It seemed impossible! (A little history about the house) It was built by my great-great-grandfather and great-grandfather, and my 103 year old great-grandmother is still living, we couldn't possibly all fit in that house so when my grandpa and grandma passed a couple of years ago, the house was empty. We didn't like that, so my cousin, his wife and two little girls moved in. Last month she had another baby, and it was a boy. There in now not enough space for them, so they are moving out the middle of March. We don't want it to sit empty again, so we had a decision to make: Move or stay? So we decided that we are going to pick up and move.
yesss.gif

We have about two and a half weeks to pack and a week and a half to do some minor changes and repairs. Now, we still had the bedroom issue. There is this room that we call the "Breeze way" and there are no windows/insulating. (and there is a terrible noise when the wind picks up...)So my dad and his friend are going to put up insulation and then drywall goes up then I can paint it! Later on we will put windows in. Wish us luck!

UPDATE!

WE GOT THE KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! The swamp cooler brings back memories for me. :) I hope you make great memories there.

Congratulations! The swamp cooler brings back memories for me. :) I hope you make great memories there.
Haha! Thanks! I already have lived there before for a month or so at a time. I ALREADY have great memories there. I LOVE THE HOUSE! I almost cried walking through the house yesterday.
Overwhelming!

Back
Top Bottom