*Updated pics of fluffy chicks pg 13!* Starting the final countdown

Hahaha. You are!!
ep.gif
Take it out and watch it.... Hmm. *slapps my hands* BAD influence!
barnie.gif
big_smile.png

I'll see ya when I get home, around 3pm. Send good vibes!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Hiya GK!
This morning we had 6 chicks out and 2 more in process. 2 of the chicks have a silvery color to them... and 2 are already in the brooder in a little basket seperating them from the other 3 day olds.

I can't wait until you get home from work! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you... today is THE day!

Help!!!! I just got home and there's a pip in one of the eggs!! BUT: it's in the bottom half of the egg!
ep.gif
I am hatching in cartons, so should i take it out of the carton?? I don't know if it will be able to come out the way it is now. uploading pic, maybe that will help! Any help is appreciated! That's the only pip so far.
sad.png
I think I see its little beak sticking out and its moving ever so slightly.

Edited to add:
Chick002.jpg

Last edited:
Well....you can see it pretty well so it isn't covered. I would say thaat everything will be just fine!! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see them!!! It is hard to believe that these are my babies brothers and sisters.
smile.png
Sorry I have been so absent lately, it has been super hectic here. but I am here and watching. Come on babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the beak is clear of the carton, it's fine. It's best not to reposition the egg. It took this chick 2-3 days to get in the proper position for zipping and it could get disoriented if you move it now.

Edited to say...be patient...they are right on time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
GK, Today is finishing day 21 for me and all of mine (hatched in egg cartons) except for one pipped about half way down and then just zipped around and popped out. I'm sure it will be fine. Good Luck!

Thank you guys SO MUCH for the encouragement!! It is desperately needed!
smile.png
hugs.gif

Christy, I am glad you think it isn't covering it too much. Yeah I know, our chicks will be brothers and sisters-- too cool!
big_smile.png
That is really weird to think about. Did you name yours yet, btw?? I can't remember. Fog brain right now.
smile.png
So you think others will pip this afternoon? Oh yeah, I think you asked me when day 21 started.. It started at 6am this morning (Thursday).

Come on chicks!!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Yes, I think they will pip later.
smile.png
I have full confidence in those little guys. These are strong, healthy chicks, too.
smile.png
And, GORGEOUS, of course!!!!
smile.png
Actually, Lola is still the only one of the 4 BLRW with a name.
sad.png
Bad chickie mommy, I know. I don't know if you recall how she got her name? She hatched very early and was all alone so she was in the brooder with a black velvet, feather trimmed bra and a fellow BYCer (I feel bad I don't even remember who now) suggested I name her Lola.
smile.png
It fit and it stuck. LOL Your babies are going to do fine. I just know it!!!!
hugs.gif

Hey GK, you made it through the day. I am so happy that you came home to a pip. You are going to need a pot of coffee tonight
smile.png
I have a few BLRW's and it is so hard to figure out the sex. I hope you have a great hatch.
Wendy

Back
Top Bottom