Urgent help needed asap

Okay update- Everything is okay so far. The chick is hatching now properly and making sounds whenever she's not trying to crack the egg. :D Thanks for all the help, looks like it's going to be okay. One question I do have though is, how do I get the chick dry? The hen did it for the others but she won't sit still anymore.:( She's all over the place with the other chicks.

Just keep the chick where she is now?
it should dry on its own, like in an incubator, most important is keeping it warm

Okay update- Everything is okay so far. The chick is hatching now properly and making sounds whenever she's not trying to crack the egg. :D Thanks for all the help, looks like it's going to be okay. One question I do have though is, how do I get the chick dry? The hen did it for the others but she won't sit still anymore.:( She's all over the place with the other chicks.

Just keep the chick where she is now?

Great!

it should dry on its own, like in an incubator,  most important is keeping it warm

I agree with liz. Do you have a brooder ready? If you can't slip it under her at night, snitch one of her chicks and raise it along with this one, if it hatches. Broodies can't count.
-Banti

Back
Top Bottom