Urgent! Pecked Prolapsed Turkey Vent Please Help!

The honey or sugar and a drop or two of water on the prolapse can help reduce swelling, as well as keep it moist. I would try slathering it on with fingers. Once it reduces, you might be able to push it back inside and hold it. It is worth a try to save her. If you have Tums, that has calcium.
I did give her half a gel cap of calcium that I had on hand... I looked at the label closer and it has d3 too... I only gave her half cause I wasn't sure how much to give her. I put some triple antibiotic on it as well and then dipped it in sugar and tucked her in for the night... I'll check it and moisten again before I go to bed if needed. Does anybody know if Microcyn AH spay gel is ok to use to keep it moist?

I've never used the spray gel, if you think it will keep the tissue moist enough, then you can use that.

For a chicken hen, I would normally give a 630mg tablet of Calcium Citrate with D3 once daily, so if you gave your Turkey 1/2 a gel cap of? Likely that would not have been too much.

I've never used the spray gel, if you think it will keep the tissue moist enough, then you can use that.

For a chicken hen, I would normally give a 630mg tablet of Calcium Citrate with D3 once daily, so if you gave your Turkey 1/2 a gel cap of? Likely that would not have been too much.

I put the spray gel on her this morning as that's all I had to work with at the time and it seemed to keep it nice and moist... It sounds like I need to up my dosing of calcium... Is there a difference between calcium citrate and the calcium I have? I'll also include pics of the spray gel bottle including ingredients, just Incase anybody spots anything not suitable for poultry...I guess I figured it does mention its safe to use on cats then maybe in theory it should be safe for poultry (since cats have so many sensitivities to product that are safe for poultry)... I do appreciate all of the feedback :)

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_001655452.jpg
    IMG_20221001_001655452.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221001_002228126_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_002228126_HDR.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221001_002238893_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_002238893_HDR.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20221001_002243291_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_002243291_HDR.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 1
She is currently enjoying a nice Epson salt soak... Wasn't sure how much salt to put in so I used 1/3 cup of Epson salt. Do you think I should give her some Meloxicam? I have the liquid and tablet form...

I'd give her 1 of the calcium gels twice a day.

Microcyn AH is supposed to be really good, if it's keeping the tissue moist, then I don't see any issue with using it.
Can you help me figure Meloxicam dose. I need to know how many ccs/ mls...
The dosing I found was .5mg/kg and our turkey Blondie is about 8.4 lbs., I believe that's 3.85 kg... If I figured correctly she would need 1.93 mg but am having troubles figuring out how many MLS (the box say 1.5mg/ml)or how to split a 15mg tablet to get the right amount for her.

Can you help me figure Meloxicam dose. I need to know how many ccs/ mls...
The dosing I found was .5mg/kg and our turkey Blondie is about 8.4 lbs., I believe that's 3.85 kg... If I figured correctly she would need 1.93 mg but am having troubles figuring out how many MLS (the box say 1.5mg/ml)or how to split a 15mg tablet to get the right amount for her.
Show us what you have.

@casportpony can you help with dosing of Meloxicam?

Show us what you have.

@casportpony can you help with dosing of Meloxicam?
Thank you all so much for your help it is greatly appreciated... Our sweet little Blondie passed away early this morning, I had given her the Meloxicam last night so I'm hoping she was atleast in a little less pain before she went :( I'm guessing she either lost too much blood or there was just too much damage done. I buried her by one of the trees she liked to hang out under and painted a little gravestone for her. Thank you all again for caring so much and for your willingness to help others with their feathered kids...

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_091748044.jpg
    IMG_20221002_091748044.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom