Use of humidity packs to regulate incubation humidity?

MarlyMonster

Songster
Oct 24, 2018
Hi lovely people!

I've been trying to google if humidity packs can be used to regulate humidity during artificial incubation and can't seem to find anything. Am I just looking in the wrong spot or is there a reason I can't find anything on it?

I'm looked into using the Boveda humidity packs since they regulate humidity both ways (supposedly) so it seems useful to put inside of an incubator, since even if you're dealing with high humidity in your particular area they're supposed to also bring humidity down if it exceeds a certain limit?
Just curious if people here have used them.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Marly

They sound great right?! If they don’t release anything harmful they’d be perfect to keep the humidity steady

It’s so humid here, I rarely have a problem keeping it up, but it sounds like they also help keep it steady, if it’s too high. I always meant to try the jar of crystals that we use in the gun safe (forgot what it’s called) but never experimented with it.

It’s so humid here, I rarely have a problem keeping it up, but it sounds like they also help keep it steady, if it’s too high. I always meant to try the jar of crystals that we use in the gun safe (forgot what it’s called) but never experimented with it.

From what I’ve read they do regulate it down as well so that would definitely be interesting in your high humidity environment! They sell them at Walmart I believe, and most grow stores since they’re popular with cannabis growers. On the website of the brand itself they’re like $5 or something so they’re definitely cheap and last easily 2 months in a container opened often and up to a year in one that’s mostly kept closed (according to the website). Hope someone on here has used it and shares their experience with it!

Back
Top Bottom