Ut Oh! I think I got a Roo! *Many Pics*

The rhode island and production reds both have the dark speckles at first, then feather in solid red. I think your bird is a pullet. You know how some kids are just taller than others? That's what you've got, I think.

Quote:
You think? It doesn't show off the pink enough in my opinion. And those wattles are sooo noticable. The other Sussex I have have yellow combs and no sign of wattles. I guess they could just be developing faster.

all pullets
love.gif
except last one
jumpy.gif

That's the glitch about sexing Speckled Sussex; the pullets pink up, get wattles and show comb growth at different rates---so it is very difficult to ascertain gender because you really can't compare one chick's development to another chick's development (unlike in most breeds). At this age, pullets start pinking up, too. Speckled Sussex are notoriously difficult to sex. Honestly, I'm not sure your third chick is a cockerel...that one is a maybe...but I do think your other chicks are pullets. I hope that's good news!
smile.png

It's good new for them! It means no crockpot! I don't mind either way - I have a lot of room for them - AND - no neighbors
smile.png

So, I don't have to worry about getting rid of Roos. I just don't want them fighting with each other.

Back
Top Bottom