Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I keep animals, they provide fertilizer for my food, they keep bugs down, they alert me if something is amiss; they clear my land and give me peace just watching them, do I want to eat them? No. Give me a nice bowl of beans, some greens and a cup of warm nut milk, with turmeric, ginger and cinnomon, I'm a happy content person.
I'm pretty sure if animals could talk I'd feel very stupid.
So you're vegi/vegan? I feel like i'm the only one here ._.

Last edited:
I love my girls eggs, if the snake get some so be it. Yes, I do an egg hunt everyday. Now if someone goes brood, I love babies. . I think most of us thought animals were dumb but once you get to know them... There's a trust, I think they hear from God.

I may be young, but this is the world I have inherited, the world I will pass on. I care, I care so much it hurts. You don't realise what we are doing. At least look at some of the links I provided, at least watch this video:
Please, I don't know what else I have to say to make you see.

L Sky
Don't get discouraged. Keep educating people. I know how it feels to hurt for injustice but it is really nonproductive for you. Be the example you are to others and know that things will change--just not as fast as we would like. When you really stop to think about it we have come a long way in a short time. The industrial revolution led to positive changes for children and adults. In fact, did you know the Humane Society for animals predates children's protections?

L Sky
Don't get discouraged. Keep educating people. I know how it feels to hurt for injustice but it is really nonproductive for you. Be the example you are to others and know that things will change--just not as fast as we would like. When you really stop to think about it we have come a long way in a short time. The industrial revolution led to positive changes for children and adults. In fact, did you know the Humane Society for animals predates children's protections?
Yeah I know, I get kinda carried away.

You must be right about cow milk being bad for people. My family members all drank a lot of it throughout their whole lives and most of them are dead now. Milk must be a slow poison though. It took over 90 years for it to do them in. One of my cousins, who is an avid milk drinker, is still alive at 103 but I'm sure the milk will be the end of her before too much longer..
To be fair that logic could be applied to just about anything. It's quite possible for some chain-smokers to live into their 90s but that doesn't negate the scientific evidence showing the effect smoking can have on our bodies.

Almost everything we put into our bodies has the potential to cause harm but certain things are scientifically proven to be more likely to cause changes/damage.

I was a huge consumer of dairy for many years and will openly admit that I find the taste of dairy to be delicious.

However, I didn't realize how much of a role it played in my health until I cut it out.

Hey, did you guys know that from 3500BCE to 600CE the Ancient Egyptians adhered to a vegetarian diet? https://www.insidescience.org/content/what-did-ancient-egyptians-really-eat/1630 I had heard it in passing but I feel really vindicated knowing this when ppl come at me for being vapid and faddish for being vwgetarian.
I didn't know that, that's interesting, but I know in a lot of places they eat vegi/vegan diets. The cheapest foods are vegan, I eat a lot of potatos, rice, lentils, beans etc.. and bananas are very cheap too. If you think you get a hard time being vegetarian try being vegan lol I was vegi for a while, but turned vegan a few weeks ago. I've never felt better, honestly, you should look into it :]

I was vegan for awhile, but my two-year-old is such a picky eater I had to introduce cheese and eggs just to get her to eat something-- and on a limited budget/low-spoons, I'm not about to cook six different meals in a day. (I do sneak vegan foods whenever she doesn't expect it lol)

I was vegan for awhile, but my two-year-old is such a picky eater I had to introduce cheese and eggs just to get her to eat something-- and on a limited budget/low-spoons, I'm not about to cook six different meals in a day. (I do sneak vegan foods whenever she doesn't expect it lol)
Vegan food is cheap though.. I understand your child is a picky eater but there a lot of different vegan recipes out there I'm sure they'd love. And cheese is very bad for you, plus eggs are very high in cholesterol.

Back
Top Bottom