Venting about Roosters

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but lots of people end up with cockerels without buying straight run, and unaware that cockerels are a possibility. They purchase sexed chicks thinking they'll have all females. But we all know, sexed pullets aren't always all pullets. Sometimes you get a surprise cockerel or two. I think a lot of people are genuinely caught off guard when their 'sweet little girl' starts crowing.
Lol yes! My first crew- why is that one small and quiet and the other 3 are big, feathery, and loud?!?!? Yep 3 roos and a pullet

This has been fun to read!
I have always had roosters in my flock, and love having them. The nice ones may stay, and the jerks taste great!
Most people in the USA live in cities, watch Disney movies, and have zero experience with nature or livestock. Eggs and meat grow in Styrofoam at the grocery store, and all critters will be nice if they get enough cookies.
I too live in the country, so no HOA is intruding in my life, and critters abound.
Mary

This has been fun to read!
I have always had roosters in my flock, and love having them. The nice ones may stay, and the jerks taste great!
Most people in the USA live in cities, watch Disney movies, and have zero experience with nature or livestock. Eggs and meat grow in Styrofoam at the grocery store, and all critters will be nice if they get enough cookies.
I too live in the country, so no HOA is intruding in my life, and critters abound.
Mary
I love the country! I'll NEVER be a city girl! My parents moved me to the city as a teen and I HATED it. I finally got married and moved to the country... I love seeing fireflies, stars, and hearing nature! Plus roosters crowing every morning. Country life is the ONLY life worth living!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom