Very Sad :(

jeaucamom-

ooooh, that is SO WEIRD about the thyroid cancer as well! The same day I went to the dr when i first found my lump (Oh, an aside to anyone else reading this; DO YOUR Breast Self Exams EVERY MONTH!!!!!!!!!! They are the ONLY thing that saved my life) anyway- the same time the cancer was found, I was dx with thyroid problems, totally out-of-the-blue. Not cancer, but still. I thought it was weird that these two major things should develop simultaneously. I did a little searching and there was some German doctor who had written a paper about thryroid issues and young-developing BC having some connection. Anyway..... I assume the thyroid cancer was easy to cure and the BC is the real demon, right?

Your tumor sounds a lot like mine. Ask you onc about the research re: low recurrence after 5 years when you see him/her in March. If they don't know I will ask mine for some web links for you.

I think its great you are moving to a new home. I'll bet that will go a long way to making the next 14 months pass more quickly and with less thought to BC. Our reaction was to go off sailing for two years... we bought the boat about a year after dx, spent two years fixing it up, then sailed for two years. When we left I honestly didn't much trust I'd be coming "home".... of course I did but the whole point was to live our dream NOW rather than put it off, like it sounds you are thinking with your new farm. I applaud you for doing that. For me, it was the best thing I could have done.

Stacey

Back
Top Bottom