Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

This is a very interesting thread. I would love to see these two live and thrive. Do they continue to sound like chick/chickens?

I have seen the impossible happen, not saying it is impossible, because I really haven't a clue. I have a 9 year old chihuahua that was born with no front legs and only 4 toenails on her 2 feet, she was given to me. I was told by the Vet not to be surprised if she does not live a few more weeks, when she was 6 weeks old.

These 2 are over a year old now and really filling out, they continue to get more and more white as they age too! I might have some new hybrids this coming season out of a Pied peacock and some pied guinea hens, they were raised together from day old and the guinea females follow the peacock everywhere! I've noticed him mating with them on several occasions, might be too young to be fertile but we shall see!

Well very excited! Hatched another Guinea/Chicken hybrid, and a second on it's way. Last pic is of the parents.

Love that roo! Very excited to see how that chick feathers out. I've always wondered how barring would interact with the guinea patterning.... Too bad it did not get the naked neck though- you need to hatch more LOL

These 2 are over a year old now and really filling out, they continue to get more and more white as they age too! I might have some new hybrids this coming season out of a Pied peacock and some pied guinea hens, they were raised together from day old and the guinea females follow the peacock everywhere! I've noticed him mating with them on several occasions, might be too young to be fertile but we shall see!

I really love your pairings. Pied over pied, how will the babies come out??? Really hope he has some fertiltiy... or continues to breed guineas next season.

Yeah I was aiming for NN hybrids.... I'm going to keep trying LOL. The peacock seems to be too young as nothing fertile, so hopefully next year...

Back
Top Bottom