vicious pitbull

Quote:
What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing the SWEET aspect of the MISUNDERSTOOD and at times DISLIKED pit bull. They truly are beautiful animals!

Peace=

Pedro

OK, I'm done unless asked a specific question.

They are beautiful animals, never in question.

So what is misunderstood?

1) That they weren't bred for fighting?
2) They don't clamp down when fighting?
3) That they fight different from other dogs?
4) That they are VERY STRONG dogs that have very strong jaws that will inflict major damage when they fight?
5) That this breed is safe in the hands of untrained owners?

I weary of this discussion especially when people refuse to acknowledge facts that the breed society openly acknowledge.

They were bred for fighting - I never said the contrary!

Do they clamp down when fighting You say yes...Mustang said No. I DON'T know? I don't profess TO KNOW!

They fight JUST like any dog that is aggressive will. Depends on OWNERS.

As for their jaws being stronger than other dogs...there are varying opinions on this. None substantiated to the contrary so I don't know? Are they stronger in body...well, they are more muscular and compact, so sure!

I NEVER said they were safe in the hands of untrained owners! In fact, it is BECAUSE of those owners that the dog gets a bad name...

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A PIT BULL??? IF you can prove to me by saying YOU have and know this for a fact without having to quote sources...then I will bow down to you! Otherwise, I stand by what I said...

Don't misquote me though...I don't take that lightly!

Again, I weary of this but you asked. Do me a favor, don't ask me any more questions.

1) Where were you misquoted?

2) Answer the question, what is misunderstood about this breed?

3) I speak from experience of this breed....do you want to dig up the remains of my dog that my neighbor's pit bull killed? or how about talking to my neighbor--he is a very nice person as is his whole family.

4) They fight like any other dog? So you disagree with the breed society. Ok, you know better than the breeders.

I will pray your dog never goes off, odds are it won't happen. But if it does, good luck in cleaning up the mess. I've been there, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

To equate a kid getting their face scratched with a pit clamping on.................as long as you're responsible. I'll take my chances w/cats. Unless it's a lion cat as I knew a farmer that kept them and led them in town on leashes....

I am glad you understand the potential danger of a cat scratch or bite because it can kill you just as easy as any dog attack. Albeit much much slower. Cat Scratch Fever is not just a song.

(I will not get involved in the pit discussion however I thought that this should be pointed out)

Quote:
I'll agree with that, I got an $800 medical bill for helping a lost cat LOL

Quote:
NO problem. I was only defending myself...the points you mentioned were in response to my COMMENT to the initial poster about the dog pictures...which was the REASON the post was made in the first place when you said "So what is misunderstood?". I apologize if that was not directed at ME and I will gladly back down. However, if it was...I have to speak up whether you LIKE it or NOT.

Obviously, you have your reasons for disliking pits, that's FINE but, there are those of us out here that DO love our pits. We know! We've heard the stories!

That said, you made your point and others made theirs...no one was trying to CONVINCE you but you were bent on trying to convince US!

I don't profess TO KNOW better...you like to put words in people's mouths! Interesting! I NOT once said I know ALL THAT about the breed. I speak FROM experience!!! Obviously, on the opposite spectrum of yours.

NO need to get nasty though...

You answered YOU'VE never had a pit and your experience is from your neighbor's dog which you claim to be a nice person. Well, nice people DON'T make good pet owners. Not always...oh wait, you know this, don't you?

Don't worry...I have NO further questions to ask you. I wish they would SHUT this topic we are just getting too heated and it's GOING no where!

Again, all because a person posted a cute picture of their pet dog...

"If you ain't got nothing nice to say...don't say anything at all!"

You don't have to reply to me...I, too, am weary of this!

Pedro

Talk of misquoting........

1) Where did I say I didn't like pits? I do like them.

2) Where were you misquoted?

3) Where did I insult you?

4) Want to own any kind of legal pet, own one.

5) Please, don't insult anyone as we understood the intent of the message w/the picture.

To humans, most pit bulls I've been around when friendly are beyond sweet.--my first post.

What a vicious baby, giving us that sexy pose!

I have 4 pit bulls (7 dogs intotal) and they are just big mushes.

They all have dogster pages so please check them out...they're adoraBULL
wink.png

http://www.dogster.com/family/474124

Quote:
Whatever! I give up YOU ARE RIGHT! Enough said ON my part

I said I'd not give people too much energy...and I just did! My bad!
th.gif

Peace-

Pedro

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom