vinegar as a wormer

And my point is I don't use ACV, and I don't have any parasite/worm problems either.
idunno.gif

No one can prove asprin helps their headache but a lot of people take them. Maybe if they waited it would have went away on its own.
Well, sure, the headache would quit sooner or later. Just as I can absolutely, positively assure you as a nurse that all bleeding stops....................................eventually.

And my point is I don't use ACV, and I don't have any parasite/worm problems either.
idunno.gif

Same here. To begin to support an arguement for the use of vinegar to combat worms or other parasites you'd have to a second flock that didn't get the vinegar & did have parasite problems.

I’ve been waiting to use this and I think this may be a good thread for it.

I’m a gardener. Every year at the spring equinox I go out there at noon, stand on my left foot and hop around the garden clockwise. When I get back to my starting point I change feet and hop around the other way. When I get back to my starting point I yell “Yip, yip, Kiwee, kiwee” three times.

Why do I do this? To keep wild elephants from raiding my garden in Northwest Arkansas. I’m getting a lot older. This gets a lot harder to do every year. But it works. I’ve got proof. I’ve never had a wild elephant raid my garden up here.

There is something to some of this stuff. Those pumpkin seeds contain a substance that can paralyze the roundworms in their guts so some get flushed out when they poop. If you want to call that deworming them fine. They are not going to eat anywhere enough pumpkin seeds to get rid of all the worms. All it does is reduce the worm load a bit if they eat enough and if they have roundworms to start with.

Actually, I have an adopted aunt who is always doing home cures for things. She takes ACV as a digestive aid when she gets a sour stomach.Acid stomach? Add in more acid!

Then again, she also doesn't think we actually walked on the moon either, so there ya go
hmm.png
actually ACV naturally fermented with the "mother" is alkaline in the stomach. taking a tablespoon before each meal will get rid of acid reflux(heartburn) for most people.

actually ACV naturally fermented with the "mother" is alkaline in the stomach.  taking a tablespoon before each  meal will get rid of acid reflux(heartburn) for most people.

Could you please document that statement? This might be a good place to start. I’ll do an excerpt to help you.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/apple_cider_vinegar_health_benefits.php

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an effective natural bacteria-fighting agent that contains many vital minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine that are vital for a healthy body.

Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is made by crushing fresh, organically grown apples and allowing them to mature in wooden barrels. This boosts the natural fermentation qualities of the crushed apples, which differs from the refined and distilled vinegars found in supermarkets. When the vinegar is it contains a dark, cloudy, web-like bacterial foam called motherd mother, which becomes visible when the rich brownish liquid is held to the light. The mother can be used to add to other vinegar to hasten maturity for making more Apple Cider Vinegar. Natural vinegars that contain the mother have enzymes and minerals that other vinegars in grocery stores may not have due to over-processing, over-heating, and filtration. For this reason, it is recommended that you purchase only Natural Apple Cider Vinegar with an ideal acidity (pH) level of 5 to 7

do we use apple cider vinegar and even bleach in the waterers? yes, but not everday, and we don't think that it worms the chickens. i think cayenne peppers does force worms out and believe in the benefits of de until someone proves me wrong. we still use a commercial wormer once a year on our flock usually in the hottest part of the summer when they slow down laying.

It’s really hard to prove the negative. Can you prove my ritual in post #16 doesn’t work? I’ve heard it’s effective all the way to the tip of South America.

A lot of these things may have some benefit. I certainly can’t prove they don’t have some benefit. I do a lot of gardening and I try to use as many organic methods as I can. Some are just BS, but many of those have some benefit. I don’t expect them to totally cure the problem but I expect them to make the problem less severe. Some of them, like the French marigolds for nematode control I’ll do, but I don’t know that I have the problem to start with. And studying it, they are not as effective as some people claim. You would have to grow a garden full of French marigolds to get any real benefit. But they are pretty and they attract pollinators so why not?

Do you use cayenne peppers? You say you still worm once a year. I consider you to be on top of things based on some of your other posts. Do you see evidence you need to worm or is that one of your rituals more as a possible preventative?

If you want to use these things and think you are getting some benefit from them, jump on it with both feet, bounce up and down a few times while going wee! wee! wee!. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I think the danger comes in when people count on these things as a total cure, when they usually don’t totally cure.

Back
Top Bottom