Want to set up group purchasing at Modesto Mill for Organic Feed

JubileeFarm

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
After looking around I can't seem to find a good source for organic feed close to Sacramento. Modesto Mill looks like they have what I am looking for but the shipping costs eat too much into my profits. I would be willing to drive to Modesto every other week to purchase feed for poultry and any other feed they sell and bring it back to Sacramento for local pickup. You would pay the cost of your feed plus a split of the gas costs (say $5-10) I can take my truck/trailer up there.

If this is something you are interested in send me a message here or at [email protected].

Thanks

Clarke

What is the cost per #50?
I am in Sac and interested, but was wondering have you contacted any local feed stores to see if they would carry it?

Was suprised to look at their retailer listing and realize that the mill is the closest thing. Chico being next.
The truck to Chico has to pass thru Sacramento

It's a competition thing for them. The local stores dont want to work with Modeso Mill and others because their margins are lower. Someone ought to start an all organic feed store and watch it skyrocket!

Here is the latest price sheet I got from Modesto Mill..

POULTRY FEEDS

50lb. Bag 25lb. Bag 2000lb. Bag
Chick Starter and Grower Crumbles 22% protein $24.48 $14.68 $899.04
Layer Pellets & Crumbles 17% protein $22.46 $13.67 $818.44
Finisher Pellets 17% protein $22.89 $835.42
Scratch cracked corn, whole wheat, milo & sunflower seed $19.65 $12.26
Layer Pellets Soy-Free (sesame meal) 17% protein $24.09 $883.46
Chick Starter/Grower Crumbles
Soy-Free (sesame meal) 22% protein $26.64 $985.54

They also have livestock feed and some specialty minerals. Let me know if you are interested in ordering and we can work out the details. I think if I have 5 or so then it would make sense gas wise.

I can't beleive how many Sacramento people I have ran into here. I was raised there but live in Tucson now. Have you checked Azure Standards? I just posted about them the other day..their prices on soy free corn free & organic feeds are very fair.

Here is a link to the thread. I found a drop off location..the lady lives 10 houses down from my inlaws and there is only a $50 minimum..they also carry a lot of grains and other things.

Here are a couple of prices Rogue Feed Chicken Starter Crumbles, Organic 40 lbs. $21.05 , Diatomaceous Earth 50 lbs. $17.75

Cascade Layer Poultry Feed, Organic - Corn & Soy Free

50lb $28.35

Corn & Soy Free!

Product of Oregon.

Ingredients: Organic Peas, Organic Triticale, Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Calcium Carbonate, Crab Meal, Fish Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dehydrated Seaweed Meal, Salt, Organic Wheat Middlings, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Nicotinamide Bisulfite, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrchloride, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus casei, Dried Fermentation product of Lactobacillus plantarum, Dried fermentation product of Enterococcus faecium, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus coagulans, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus Licheniformis, and Dried fermentation product of Bacillus Subtilis, Dried Asperfillus Niger Fermentation Extract.

Guaranteed Analysis Nutrient Name: Amount Crude Protein - min 16.10% Lysine - min 0.78% Methionine - min 0.33% Crude Fat - min 5.14% Crude Fiber - max 4.95% Calcium - min 4.55% Calcium - max 5.00% Phosphorus 0.93% Salt -min 0.43% Salt - max 0.47%

FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS: Feed this complete mash feed to poultry16 weeks of age or first egg throughout the egg production cycle. Provide plenty of fresh water. CAUTION: Do not feed to cattle or other ruminants.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6266208

Hi all, this thread is a bit old, but I'll give it a hit.

I'm buying Cascade feed through Azure standards, but I'm thinking of trying Rogue organic. It is soy free and cetified organic, but it has corn. It is only $17.60 compared to $28.60 for Cascade. It is in pellet form, so less waste. I like the Cascade, but gosh that's a big savings. I order through a co-op in Placerville.

Anyone tried Rouge organic?

Back
Top Bottom