Wanted: Silked Serama pullets/hens

Poultry Run Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Maine
I know I'm probably asking for alot here, haven't seen too many of these guys around. My Daughter had a pair of them and lost her pullet last night. We are in Maine. Thanks
smile.png
Can they be bred to a normal and produce silked?

I don't have any adults for sale, but I do have eggs. You can breed silkied to straight and get silkied, especially if the roo is silkied, IMO. This has been my experience. Sorry your daughter lost her baby, that just stinks.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Cool!!! Do I dare ask about the price of the eggs? I'm still figuring all this out there must be a way to private email too. Yes, her Roo is Silked.

The silkie gene is recessive so breeding a smooth to a silkied would produce 100% smooth, het for silkie feathering. Do you attend any of the New England area shows? Don Nelson, a judge, has silkied seramas and although right now he doesn't have any adults for sale, he may have eggs. He'll be judging the Little Rhody show in RI tomorrow.

Quote:
Bummer.... Yes, that's where she bought her pair, he has no extra pullets at this time. She was looking forward to Little Rhody tomorrow, but we aren't going to make it, Van issues
sad.png
We would have actually been at the hotel already....

Back
Top Bottom