WANTED: Speckled Sussex - for pickup - not ship - N.Idaho

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NOnuggets, Feb 26, 2009.

1. NOnuggets

NOnuggets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    I want Speckeld Sussex and don't want to buy from a hatchery...prefer naturally nested to incubator hatched. Willing to drive to pick up near Coeur d'Alene Idaho/Spokane WA
    Thanks!

2. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Hi, I live in North Idaho, too. I don't know if you attended the North Idaho Fair last August but there was a gal there who had a pen set up with Speckled Sussex. That was the first time I had ever seen them in person before. After seeing your post I wish I had gotten some info from her. Maybe she will be there this year but August is long time to wait![​IMG]
    I'm on the waiting list for Speckled Sussex hatching eggs at Superior Farms.
    Carolyn

3. NOnuggets

NOnuggets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Thanks Carolyn!
    I think they'll be a good dual bird for our area (we'll see how the combs winter)...if not, on to Chanteclers...
    I will give the superintendent a call...maybe she can put me in touch!!! I was the one with the Runner ducks, Tufted geese and the Blue Andalusian Roo (and pigs, and sheep and llamas...) didn't get to spend a lot of time in the poultry barn! I'm glad you had your eyes open! If I find out who it is, we might get you closer to your eggs too![​IMG]
    In the meantime, if anybody knows of any close by...Carolyn and I are looking!

4. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    I saw all of your beautiful birds!
    I have pictures of my daughter standing next to your ducks and rooster...that is so funny!
    The gal with the SS had this BIG pen on the floor with a rooster, hens and even some chicks.
    Dang!
    Carolyn
    yes! we are looking for a local source:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by