WANTED: Speckled Sussex - for pickup - not ship - N.Idaho

NOnuggets

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
I want Speckeld Sussex and don't want to buy from a hatchery...prefer naturally nested to incubator hatched. Willing to drive to pick up near Coeur d'Alene Idaho/Spokane WA
Thanks!

Hi, I live in North Idaho, too. I don't know if you attended the North Idaho Fair last August but there was a gal there who had a pen set up with Speckled Sussex. That was the first time I had ever seen them in person before. After seeing your post I wish I had gotten some info from her. Maybe she will be there this year but August is long time to wait!
sad.png

I'm on the waiting list for Speckled Sussex hatching eggs at Superior Farms.
Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn!
I think they'll be a good dual bird for our area (we'll see how the combs winter)...if not, on to Chanteclers...
I will give the superintendent a call...maybe she can put me in touch!!! I was the one with the Runner ducks, Tufted geese and the Blue Andalusian Roo (and pigs, and sheep and llamas...) didn't get to spend a lot of time in the poultry barn! I'm glad you had your eyes open! If I find out who it is, we might get you closer to your eggs too!
big_smile.png

In the meantime, if anybody knows of any close by...Carolyn and I are looking!

I saw all of your beautiful birds!
I have pictures of my daughter standing next to your ducks and rooster...that is so funny!
The gal with the SS had this BIG pen on the floor with a rooster, hens and even some chicks.
Dang!
Carolyn
yes! we are looking for a local source:)

Back
Top Bottom