Was thinking of using this truck container

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by RevaVirginia, Nov 9, 2009.

1. RevaVirginia

RevaVirginia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Reva, VA
    Was thinking of using this truck container it's 20ft long. Mostly aluminum besides the one patch on the side, so no rusting. Store wood and an old Volkswagen in it now. Whacha think?

[​IMG]

Rear opens all the way up for those "Major clean up" times.

[​IMG]

My rooster..Popeye..trying to give me a thumbs up...I'm sure of it. Didn't even know he came to supervise until I uploaded the pics.

[​IMG]

Stick this down next to my coop, maybe make the runs shareable. Use proximity to put up some netting. Put a couple vehicle rear ends under it for portability and another place for them to relax.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Awesome idea - post pics as you put it together?

3. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    I say go for it. Thats what I'm working on now. I built a toter home and had the remnants of the body I used. Aluminum body, Apitong floor, and plywood lined walls. The way it ended up I have a 4' roof on the front to build a small porch. Here is a pic, just excuse the mess, as I said this is an ongoing project. The inside is about finished, in fact my almost 6wk old chicks are in there now.

[​IMG]

Marty

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    I know some one who has used it for many years. Kept it simple had losts of room for projects.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by