Washing chicks

Countrymama719

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 20, 2011
Fort Wayne, In
So I drove an hour to pick up chicks from a feed supply store. When I got there it was pretty run down and the inside was filthy. They had way too many birds, and they had obviously not had their bedding changed in a while. I should have just turned around and went home, but I felt bad for the birds and really wanted some silver laced wyndottes...

Any ways they are four weeks old, and doing fine here, other than they are terrified of us. More skittish than I've ever seen birds. And they are sorta dirty, they have dirty spots on their wings and backs. I really want to bath them but not sure if it's ok, and whats the best way to do so...

There are four silvers and one I think it was called a california leghorn? Supposedly all pullets

How nice of you to rescue those poor babies! They'll clean up quick in a new fresh enviornment, not to mention their probably stressed out from filthy conditions and overcrowding! I'm a sucker for critters that need help too. Someday they'll thank you with fresh eggs!

Ok thanks, I'll leave them be. We did make treats for them last night and got them to eat out of our hands. Now they walk up to us in the brooder instead of running into the corner. =]

Back
Top Bottom