We are getting 3 doz a day eggs.. EGG recipes please!

Quote:
WHERE IS IT?
big_smile.png
Please and thank you!

I've been freezing mine like whatsup suggested. When your hens quit laying due to moult or weather you'll be beating yourself up for not freezing some eggs and having to go buy eggs from the store.

Quote:
Need more details... Sealable, do you mean canned, hot packed, or just putting a tight lid on? I'd love detailed directions to try and make some. My hens are laying about a dozen a day. Luckly the neighbor bought 8 dozen yesterday and wiped me out.

Here is my favorite!

Get out your incubator,
Get out the turner
Plug both units in and allow it to sit for 3 hours while the temperature gets set to the proper temp. Adjust as necessary.

Add water to the humidity troughs.

Install a water wiggler or a thermometer/hygrometer

Add 41 eggs or whatever your incubator will hold.

Shut the lid. Try as hard as you can to not open the lid but you can periodically to add water for humidity and also to candle to see the growth.

Wait 18 days and unplug the turner and remove the eggs from the turner and place on a rack. Watch for the next 3-4 days for pipping and cheeping. Enjoy your little fuzzy butts!!!!

LOL, I FINALLY have a nice number of chickens to manage! I sold a BUNCH this year. WIth the price of feed I just can NOT justufy keeping a bunch!

wink.png

Quote:

I just could not pass it up....It is my FAVORITE recipe!!!!!
ya.gif

And come 3rd week of February if you still are getting 3 doz a day(EXTRA), send me some and I will pay postage so the FFA kids can hatch some during their incubation project. I have 5 bators that we can use! I only have 1 full and spoken for eggs so far! Keep me in mind! LOL

I think they are going to sell the babies for profit to go on trips and such! I figure I get the thrill of incubating and they get the thrill of learning about chicks and ducks and such and also the profit!!!! WOO HOO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
German Pancakes (can't spell it..) Iregooken?

10 to 12 eggs beaten slightly
add 1/4 oil.. keep beating
add 1/2 cup milk
add flour till thickened..

Cook like pancakes, serve with jam... Oh how YUMMY!!
AND they will reheat in the microwave fine!

PS.. no butter, no syrup.. just jelly or jam..

Back
Top Bottom