Weak silkie won't eat or get up

Rentrop

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Santa Fe, Texas
One of my 6 month old silkies has been acting weak for the last couple of days. She had been eating tiny amounts until today. I gave her a scrambled egg the other day which she ate a tiny bit of. Today I tried the same thing but she won't take it. She will drink a tiny bit of pedialyte if I put it in a dropper and let it trickle on her beak. The worst part is she just lays there but every once in a while she has what appears to be a seizure. Sh starts flopping around and her neck twists around. Right now I have her laying on me to try to keep her warm. Is there anything else I should be or could be doing to try to help her?

it doesn't sound like it.... some who have seizures only have them once or a few times a year or a one off entirely or multiple ones per day. try and make her as comfortable as possible. she may pull through or maynot, some just get to weak and become to damaged because of the seizures and other peroblems that they cause ( think humans and how it affects them)
they will be making her weak and tired and she may just need rest. however if she is cold then she maynot have much hope but try keeping her warm, with a weat bag or heat pad . but good luck with her and I hope she gets better

Back
Top Bottom