weird green poop from pekin duck

duckgirl130

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2022
while i was with my duck inside, i noticed she pooped out bright green with little brownish pebble like things in it (pictured below) and i noticed when she would walk for a certain distance, she would trip to the side and lay her wings up and out in an odd way… should i be extremely worried?

Attachments

• C129E031-9019-415F-80DC-AB2CA2E300C9.jpeg
    C129E031-9019-415F-80DC-AB2CA2E300C9.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 29
while i was with my duck inside, i noticed she pooped out bright green with little brownish pebble like things in it (pictured below) and i noticed when she would walk for a certain distance, she would trip to the side and lay her wings up and out in an odd way… should i be extremely worried?
@duckgirl130
What do you feed her including treats? Some green veggies can cause poop to be green
But for her to be walking and trip and then use her wings sounds like something else is going on. Has she ever had trouble like this before where she would trip? How old is she? Has she ever had a niacin deficiency?
Anything out in her area that could cause botulism? stagnant water? plants?

Last edited:

@duckgirl130
What do you feed her including treats? Some green veggies can cause poop to be green
But for her to be walking and trip and then use her wings sounds like something else is going on. Has she ever had trouble like this before where she would trip? How old is she? Has she ever had a niacin deficiency?

@duckgirl130
i feed her regular duck crumble feed but she eats other things while outside during the day. shes one year old. no weve never had trouble like this before. i dont think theres any sources that cause her to have botulism.

Adult Pekin and other large breeds can have a nutritional deficiency most of the time it's niacin if you can get a bottle of Liquid B Complex and start giving that to her 1ml daily over a special treat [small amount so your sure she gets full dose] and give her about a week to see if it makes a difference if not then it maybe something else but many times we have to eliminate to find what is going on. The green poop is concerning if you can get her to a vet that knows poultry that would be the best. If your sure she hasn't been eating on anything green from treats to outside while foraging.

Back
Top Bottom