Weird neck & drinking a lot

Laehui

Chirping
Jul 24, 2023
France
My Coop
My Coop
Hi!

I have had a lot of bad luck since I first got my quails. 4 died over 1 month, and although I went to the vet, treated for worms, for coccidiosis, I never found out what they died from.
I have this 7 weeks old quail that has a super weird neck shape. When I feel it, it feels like it is just the shape of her neck. Isn't it too high to be an impacted crop? Could it be an impacted crop?

- Drinking A LOT
- Weird neck shape
- Skinnier than others

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2052 2.JPG
    IMG_2052 2.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2137.PNG
    IMG_2137.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Oops, first post, I clicked on the button but I wasn't done typing.
Here is a photo of her when she was 3 weeks old. Her neck looked already a bit like this, but not as bad.

She is active, eats a lot, I am just concerned about her drinking that much. I live in France and it is not hot currently.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I can't see the weird neck but if it's kinda of bent to one side and it's been like that since hatch it's a deformity from hatch. Not likely to be "fixed."

I can't see the weird neck but if it's kinda of bent to one side and it's been like that since hatch it's a deformity from hatch. Not likely to be "fixed."
Ok yes it appears it's always been like that, it's just been more pronounced as she grew. I hope it only is a deformity, but I think so. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom