Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
She is 17 weeks old, looking kinda POL. Really sweet and curious. Here is a 3 month old pic.
CCF313F9-27C9-4CE2-B74E-50D8D6951E98.jpeg

A more recent one:
76FD0C30-4413-4901-8254-A451ECEBE032.jpeg

I know the name of this thread is 'weird things only poultry people get' but to me who has poultry as livestock, what I've read in the last couple pages or so, I find disturbing. :oops:
Sorry but that's just the way I see the world.
One day the Chicken God and their T-Rex ancestors will look down apon you and cry tears of pure joy, which will ran from the sky and cleanse your soul. That is when you will turn into a chicken, lay an egg, breath out a puff if fire, and majestically fly into the air, singing the national anthem in unable shrieks and bawks as you fly twords the sunset, following the Chicken God's will for she is the only true chicken god.

Lol.
Again, disturbing.
I've been fighting the good fight to get chickens legalized in many of the cities around here. Speaking at city councils, I and my cohorts have been successful about 80% of the time. I remember at one meeting, a city council member who was anti-chicken put forward that chickens are harbors for disease. He cited a quote from the APA that said people should wash their hands after handling chickens.
After informing him that the APA is a show organization, not really a health organization, I said that it is also recommended that people also wash after handling dogs and cats. But the city council isn't banning dogs and cats for the need to wash hands.

The problem with being so cavalier about chicken handling is that when disease spreads and gets into the news, it makes my job harder and even more difficult for those wanting to keep chickens where they are illegal yet may never be able to do so.

https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/backyardpoultry-05-19/index.html#:~:text=Backyard poultry can carry Salmonella germs but look healthy and,supervise handwashing by young children.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom