Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
When I go check on my chicks I call them all "babies". Such as: "Good morning babies." And they all (well some of them) peep back at me. :)
I call my chicks, when talking to them as a group, "cheepers". Once they get older, I call them boys and/or girls. When talking to my ducks, I call them "Quackers" (autocorrect always changes that to quakers, hahaha). All of my chickens and ducks have names so I call them by name when speaking to them individually :)

I call my chick chirpitys and my older chickens bokitys. I was talking to someone at a public place who had chickens, and I said my bokitys didn’t like mealworms and it seemed like my rooster wanted to lay some eggs, you know, casually talking about our flocks.
Some random woman turned and stared at me. She then continued to say ‘ Chickens aren’t called bokitys. They all like mealworms and they all lay eggs. You should really do some research.’
The guy I was talking to erupted in laughter and we had to explain that I just called them bokitys and no, chickens don’t all like mealworms and an even bigger no, roosters don’t lay eggs.
That was rude. I just couldn’t imagine thinking that roosters lay eggs :lau

Back
Top Bottom