Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I used to incubate them upright. Since my Brinsea's turner broke (again) I only have my Nurture Right to use at the moment, and in that I can only do them on their sides. Which is not a good thing for these eggs.

I could probably start them in my Brinsea and try to hand turn, but that's a giant pain to remember. I probably will though, thinking about it. Better to give them a bigger chance of making it.

I find that usually detached air cells means the package was handled very roughly. Meaning it's not necessarily the detached air cell that caused them not to make it, but it's a sign that they might have been scrambled too badly to develop.
The thing I have never gotten to hatch is if the air cell has bubbles, or is no longer a single air cell.

Hopefully if you incubate upright a few will hatch. :fl I looked them up, they look cool.

And rolling the Brinsea is pretty easy. Just figure out a way to remind yourself to do it. Remembering is the hard part.

How did you hatch the Emu eggs ?I forget
Don't you have a cabinet incubator? Like a GQF.

Nope, no cabinet here. I made an incubator for the emus, but it will just barely hold the proper temperature for emu eggs, meaning it won't work for chicken eggs. Also it'll only hold like four eggs.

The thing I have never gotten to hatch is if the air cell has bubbles, or is no longer a single air cell.

Hopefully if you incubate upright a few will hatch. :fl I looked them up, they look cool.

And rolling the Brinsea is pretty easy. Just figure out a way to remind yourself to do it. Remembering is the hard part.

Oh, a lot of these look like the air cell is fine, but then move the egg and a separate bubble goes floating off. So the air cells aren't all together any longer.

Better news, the seller told me to contact them and let them know what happens. Sounds like they may send new eggs if these don't work out. They want me to call though, which I hate. Since we've been talking through email and I ordered through their website, I don't see why we can't keep emailing. Plus my cell service at my house is crappy so calling is hard anyway.

Well 17" of snow since yesterday and still coming down.... gonna be plowing the rest of the day.
I guess that it at least keeps me busy.
Wasting time... I'm glad Raul came down and shoveled the shop roof..... I'll do the coop abs clean the top of the camper off.....ttyl
Don't over do it dude .All I got is mud .:sick Just got back from TSC with new mud boots.Had to take a mismatchwd pair too

:th

I found my way back... it took a little figuring out.
I was reall bad last night..... as bad as ive ever been....i get sick of everyone telling me to live for the kids.... this isn't about that. The urge to kill oneself is just that an irrational urge.
The are things i cannot share with another living soul. Things that eay me up.
Im trying... today is not so bad. Not great just not so bad. Had to have Raul come down and shovel the shop roof.....i wanted to pay him he wouldn't take it. I just got the bill for my wife's cremation.....$4000..... I'm looking at my credit card statements..... on one card alone she had taken $4000 in cash advances....3800 on another.
I love her so much i would have gladly paid it.
I feel so bad how she got so deep....i feel like i should have known....i should have done something. I've never paid a bill in my life before this.... I've never seen a credit card statement... never got the mail.... I'm so sorry hun.
You were in over your head......i miss you... she wad trying to get through the withdrawals alone and not tell me... she was afraid of losing me.... instead i lost her.
Chris i love you completley.... totally head over heels. See you soon..... PhilView attachment 2005946
Well now im getting bad again..... this roller coaster just won't stop.
I won't sit here and go through this with you all.... so have a good evening.....i took something for sleep so hopefully I'll be out soon and won't have to deal with another long long night....ttyl

:hugs I just had along reply to this lost it all.Phil you have to live for you .It is hard when life just doesn't seem fair .I have that feeling every day .I wish I could give you strength.It is all I pray for for myself .I beg god everyday to change Ben so he can live a life where he can enjoy the things in life he cannot.Many a time I have thought about taking Ben and sailing out to sea and never returning .I am so worried about what his life will be without me .Ben loves life .I just push those thoughts aside an struggle on. All the while praying God will send angels to watch over him.We are your friends and are swiming in ignorance .Struggling trying to say the right thing .When really only you know what you are going through.You must learn to forgive yourself as you are forgiving Chris.Know that I know what a true burden is .I know how devastating life can be .Taking care of my son is not a burden .Even when he melts down and attacks me .God gives me strenght for that .The burden is all the saddness ,I have felt for all the things he will never be able to do.We are here ,and there are those that you can say anything to .You need to find them and unload.

Back
Top Bottom