Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Speaking of canning & such....
We tried making some of my son's deer into breakfast sausage patties this year for the 1st time. Turned out pretty good, I guess, except for the size. Those of you who know me fairly well know I'm a bit of a perfectionist; I like things uniform & neat. Makes storing a lot easier.
Been looking for a sausage patty press, but haven't run across one yet. Already have one for hamburger, somewhere, but it's way too big for sausage patties. I could use an upside-down Mason jar, I guess, but a press would suit me better.

Any ideas?

That would be great! Even better if you could help me peel 'em!

Yes ma'am! Just common over!

Sending great hatching vibes to all who want them :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy

Thanks! I get to candle today :fl :fl :fl

Seen the tv ad for the egg peeler deal that you just shake & get perfectly peeled eggs? Takes a couple at a time, People will try to sell about anything on tv!

Yes sir! I watched a you tube vid of like 5 of those products debunked, maybe in another decade.

Sorry sir, no ideas on a sausage press from me.

Happy Friday Pond Peeeples.
I don’t like picked eggs, pigs feet or any of that crap. I’m super finicky too. If it stinks, I won’t eat it.

@kwhites634 how about pressing the patties into a large muffin pan? Maybe line it with plastic wrap to pull them out, or stick the pan in the freezer for a few minutes and pop them out.

Speaking of hatching, I think I’ll gather this weeks call duck eggs, and some cream legbar eggs to set. 3 of my cream legbar hens are running with a different CL rooster, plus a couple of splash bantam cochin roosters. I think I’ll have to try some of their eggs too, just to see if the cochins can/have fertilized them. :D

Speaking of hatching, I think I’ll gather this weeks call duck eggs, and some cream legbar eggs to set. 3 of my cream legbar hens are running with a different CL rooster, plus a couple of splash bantam cochin roosters. I think I’ll have to try some of their eggs too, just to see if the cochins can/have fertilized them. :D

Hatching bug is biting you too, huh? :p There's gonna be a February chick explosion on the Pond at this rate. I expect pictures from everyone!

We tried making some of my son's deer into breakfast sausage patties this year for the 1st time. Turned out pretty good, I guess, except for the size. Those of you who know me fairly well know I'm a bit of a perfectionist; I like things uniform & neat. Makes storing a lot easier.
Been looking for a sausage patty press, but haven't run across one yet. Already have one for hamburger, somewhere, but it's way too big for sausage patties. I could use an upside-down Mason jar, I guess, but a press would suit me better.

Any ideas?
Amazon has them for a bout 8 bucks

patty press

deb

Any ideas?

I have no experience with this. Would a cookie cutter work?

Back
Top Bottom