well i did it !AGIAN! i eggs and placed them in the incubator TUNE IN

Well, I've carved those eggs... they are thick, so it probably takes some time to get out of those suckers.......
fl.gif

Quote:
they are supposed to hatch on monday , not sure how much they weigh , we have not been weighing them , but like i said i know that they were alive the other day because when we put them on the table they were moving like crazy , not sure what you mean by full grown emu we purchased these eggs off ebay , i tried contacting the member but they have not answered me back

a full grown EMu will range from 5 to 6 ft tall and anywhere from 80- 10 pounds.

What bator are you using for your Emu Hatch? what did you use for your main Temp and humidity settings? I will be getting some Emu eggs next week to set in my sportsman 1202...and I can't wait!!

reposting this question:

What kind of incubator do you use to hatch these eggs? I am afraid that the fan will hurt the chicks in mine? Mine is a Hova-bator with turbo fan will it work LOL

I ran through this thread rather quickly, so if I missed the answer to this I apologize. I was curious if you tried the whistle test/egg rocking test on them yet? I have hatched Emus 3 times, twice in 2010, and at 40 days sure fire they would rock if I placed them on a flat surface and then whistled. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I hatched the second batch because I thought I saw every egg respond and rock. Well, every egg hatched! 6 were in that hatch.
Good luck and I know you will love them, really great animals.

I'm hoping that it was a fluke in the temp. monitor....
fl.gif
If yours is like mine, I've seen it mess up like that while I have chicks in a bator all the while the temp. stays consistant.
fl.gif
for a successful hatch! Is there any way to hear a heartbeat perhaps??? Know a nurse with a stethoscope?? (don't know if that would work but I'm just throwin' it out there
smile.png
)

What is the fluctuation time for them hatching? I know they're supposed to hatch on Monday, but how long after is it recommended to wait? You know, people say if there is any fluctuation or ups and downs in the incubation period, it could cause a slower hatch....so I'm just wondering

Quote:
ok we do talk to them and whistle i think they move but like you said it might be me wishing that they are moving how long after you take them out of the incubator do they cool I take them out and within 5 minutes the eggs are only warm not hot .. we do not hear any whistling from inside , if they are dead how long does it take for them to start smelling?

Quote:
if you go to the first page we made our incubator out of a mini fridge and bought the thermostat from someone here on the back yard chicken the heater was a ceramic one its been working great but for a couple of things first was the fan went out and then this ... i think it only cost us 60 to make with everything .

Guess I'll be subscribing to this thread.

My son is going to an ostrich/emu farm down by Piccacho Peak today with his scout troop.

Back
Top Bottom