Well... I guess this is goodbye. [long rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I am wishing the best for you all around.
I really hope that you get to keep your chickens either at the 4H leader's house or better yet, your parents come around and decide to get you the coop and keep it at your house.
Since you are seeing a counselor maybe they will feel like they should at least support your hobby to keep you from getting too depressed.
What I really hope is that they will support you for who you are.
I didn't think in this day and age it was even that much of an issue anymore.
My niece is married to a wonderful woman. She is happy and free to be who she is and that is all I care about.
It was a non issue in my family and my extended family.
I wish happiness and acceptance for you.

Sorry to hear about your flaky friend......

I found an excellent home once for my extra roosters once by just asking my local feed store if they would know somebody who would take him. They recommended a very nice 4-H family who is showing him today and we developed a great friendship just because of the rooster.

Hope things are turning around for you, too.

Madison, My heart goes out to you for all of your trouble. I know what you mean about your birds. My husband and I run our own internet business from home and sometimes things get so stress full; thats when I go see the girls. You have been given a lot of good advice. All of it makes sense to me. I am a Christian and I do not judge you. I know that everything will work out for you, you may not realize it now.... We never do. These are what I like to call character building moments of our life. Hugs to you Sweet Heart.
hugs.gif
love.gif
old.gif

So sorry to hear about all this Madison. But don't leave the site! I love reading your posts.

I give you a lot of credit for coming out about your sexuality though. I have quite a few gay friends and not all of them have admitted to it. It breaks my heart that they have to hide because talking about crushes and what not with my friends is something that I enjoy doing, and I couldn't imagine having to hide who I really was! I wish more people were open, but there are so many out there ready to tell you that you are wrong...so I can't really blame them either.

I have had a few friends go through similar issues with their parents. Most of the time they work through it, but sometimes the families always remain close minded. It's always hard, no matter the outcome, but I wish you the best. Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes OTHERS happy. You are still human, no matter your sexual orientation. I just don't understand why others can't just see it this way!

I do have one friend who is completely homophobic. I always use this one example when she irritates me, or bad mouths a homosexual person. She says homosexuality is "wrong" or "bad", yet I ask her what she would do if someone came to her and told her heterosexuality is wrong, and she MUST change. Her reaction to this was interesting, as she shrugged it off as being a completely different situation. However, it really is not. No matter how much counseling or brainwashing you put a person through, it will not change who they are deep down inside.

So what I am trying to say is go with your heart. Don't feel guilty. Also, see if you can join a gay support group or forum. Sometimes talking to others like you can help take away some stress and will make you feel less like an outsider. And feel free to shoot me a PM if you feel like talking. I'm always willing to listen. Also, my AIM screen name is Chickerdoodle89.

I,m sorry about everything. I was raised a Christian and IMHO if your family are True Christians, they certainly aren't acting like it. You may, in the situation with your chickens, have to let them go for now and get more as soon as you can find a place to keep them.
Counseling is a good thing, it really helps having someone neutral to talk to.

Good Luck.

If anything, this thread is showing you that even if you lose your chickens, that's no reason to leave the board. There are a lot of friendly folks here that can help you through your downs and lift your ups even higher.

Things have a tendency to resolve themselves. Give this some time, and realize that you can't always have what you want right now. But work hard, do well, and you'll have them before you know it.

Hang in there, it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom