Well this takes the cake.

Pics

Ascholten

Free Ranging
Dec 12, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
so I hear a commotion outside, go running out wondering wth? It's louder and different than I EVER heard them, even when I hit them with the garden hose they did not make this much noise.

I have 4 chickens.

Now I have 5, there was a grey chicken sitting on my fence, and after a few minutes it landed in the yard and is kind of hanging out now. It was making the commotion, and my girls were pretty much ignoring her, they had food in front of them.

So I have NO idea where the hell this thing came from. The nearest 'chicken dude' from me is wow, probably a few blocks. How and WHY? Don't think it's one of my friends being a smart ass either. If it stays I will have to find where it is roosting at and snatch it up in the middle of the night, want to try to quarantine it from mine until I know it's healthy and all.

Anyone else EVER have something this crazy happen? I mean, I get it, they CAN fly but from my experience are generally very lazy and don't unless they are terrified of something, and to come from blocks away??? potentially??? It is NOT tame, but didn't take off screaming when it seen me, so makes me think it is not totally wild.

It looks a bit young, not good at aging chickens but id say 7 months 8 months? Maybe just laying eggs age? You know how they still have that somewhat young look?
whatever, ill shut up and go lay over by my dish.

I have heard of chickens flying the coop but never heard of the coop gobbling one up and coughing out extras!!

Aaron

But where did it come from!! That is the million dollar question here. It does not run in terror but definitely is NOT a human interactive type bird. Maybe that will change if it sticks around and sees the interaction with the other girls but still... Right now it and fluffy are standing under the boat picking at grass. and some clover I threw under there for them. I guess the fact they are around e/o w/o fighting is a good starting sign.

Aaron

even when I hit them with the garden hose they did not make this much noise.
thumb_the-pimp-hand-is-strong-in-this-one-funny-15199880_(1).png

Can u get a pic xx
I can't get too close it wanders away, but she's picking around the yard now, Capt. Fluffy went somewhere else and left her all alone. The photo is zoomed with my phones camera so hope its not too blurry
Aaron

Edit: While we are at it? any idea the breed?

Attachments

• new cackle.jpg
    new cackle.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom