Well we did it ... first ever chickens ... coop build

rhoffart

Songster
9 Years
Oct 10, 2010
I drew up some plans and tried to put some $$ to my material list. After reviewing and getting final confirmation from the wife I went to the lumber yard and bought enough wood for the frame of the coop and the plywood for the floor. I also grabbed a gallon of miss-matched paint and a piece of vinyl for the floor.

This morning we went to the local feed store and ended up getting 6 Golden Sex Links.

After getting them home and setting up a tupperware brooder I started working on the build. I got the floor assembled and the bottom side painted. Also I got two side frames put together.

That's all for now ... much more to come.

Well a short night just squeezed in a hour but I got both other roof struts built. Tomorrow is lumber run then we go outside this weekend.

Well almost no work today. Sore and not moving too fast today. Then when we finally got started the rain started moving in. Got the roof tin complete.

Building one thing is fun, interesting and satisfying...... do it for cash and it often quickly becomes a grind.
For sure, another hobby is photography ... I always get asked to shoot for $$$ and I always say no thank you.

ok, got some more done ... front screen door and front door also got rear door completed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom