Well, woke up to my dogs barking **update** on post #1 (graphic desc.)

I think what escaped have returned... *if alive* 4 of the 5 injured had to be culled... Leaving us with 21/37 chickens and it seems at least 90% of the gone/killed were hens we now have 10 hens and 11 roos. Still haven't seen those dogs, I think I heard them attacking another dog about a mile away tonight, then silence... I think these dogs are on a rampage!! Unfortunately they have dramatically slowed my egg production. I was getting 24 eggs on Saturday, and today a wimpy 4
sad.png
. It's been tough getting them to go back into the coop since the "incident" but a few more days and I'm sure it will be back to normal..

Quote:
I shoot quite a bit, and own quite a few guns of all sorts. Marlin makes the best lever action rifles there are, period, imho. Some of their others not so much though in my experience. I've got a marlin semi auto 22 that does nothing but jam, jam, jam, despite lots of work and TLC being lavished upon it.

The best money I ever spent on a 22lr rifle was a Savage bolt action. It never fails me, and the thing is eerily accurate, even for a good bolt action. The price was $210 brand new, came in a left hand configuration since I have the south paw curse, and I regularly hold high and target practice with it to 200 yards, no kidding. I also target practice with it by shooting golf balls at 100 yards.

If you want some more range, Savage .223 rifles are pretty affordable too, and I shoot a 1" group at 200 yards with mine, paid $495 for it, worth ever red cent. Stock, out of the box, plain-jane model.

I've got a savage 30-06 and that is the hardest kicking 30-06 I've ever fired... But it usually doesn't jam much (merlin .22)

oh, forgot about him... he's ok he was being 'carried' and not hurt yet. luckily the .22 didnt jam this time no injured chickens.

Back
Top Bottom