Welsummer, brown leghorn or welbar?

I have never heard of a Welbar before this post! I have Welsummers and they definitely do look similar but not exactly alike! Thanks for teaching me something new!!
here’s one of my Wellies just for fun
48176470-BFD9-414F-83E7-4A7A35ED1460.jpeg

Last edited:
I have never heard of a Wellbar before this post! I have Welsummers and they definitely do look similar but not exactly alike! Thanks for teaching me something new!!
here’s one of my Wellies just for fun
View attachment 2382215
Beautiful 😍. I didn't know either until I realized they weren't production chicks so I started to search everywhere and couldn't come to a conclusion.

Also, they have red earlobes. Well, two of them do and two have them flesh colored.

Attachments

• 20201004_205048.jpg
    20201004_205048.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201004_205020(0).jpg
    20201004_205020(0).jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 6
They are so interesting! Kind of like diluted Welsummers with Leghorn shaped bodies. And the eggs are beautiful! Great find, even if it was blind luck!!!
Yes! And the weird part is that they're made by crossing a welsummer and a barred rock! So interesting indeed. They're a bit flighty but mine love some wattle petting every now and then.

Hello :frowjust wanted to close this case for anyone who was interested in knowing the breed. They did turn out to be welbars after all! Wow, didn't expect that from TSC but I read another post here in BYC and seems like they did carried them here in Texas. Not sure how many are laying yet since I've been getting inconsistent colors, some have a heavy bloom. The egg color looks close to what a welsummer would lay. Hope this helps someone in the future. It was driving me nuts.
Do you mean Welsummer? I'm pretty sure Welbars are Crested Cream Legbar crosses.

Back
Top Bottom